tony bellew as a pundit.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by doug.ie, Sep 25, 2013.

1. doug.ie

doug.ie 'Classic Boxing Society' Full Member

Apr 1, 2008
    sometimes in press conferences before his fights he says silly things.

but as a boxing pundit he is superb, and getting better and better.

listened to him on the ed robinson / spencer fearon podcast today and he was very good, its really worth hearing....he talked about cleverly v kovalev and gave his opinion on how all fights don't need to be won by stoppage and how there are smarter ways of boxing a banger over the distance......basically he spoke very intelligently and was, again, very articulate.

don't know about the rest of you, but i'd like to see more of him giving his opinions on televised boxing shows and podcasts and the like.

2. Jed Maxwell

Jed Maxwell Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Yea I agree. I didn't mind him as a pundit.. Which I was pretty amazed at. As usually I find him an annoying **** Wit.

3. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    He's great, I rate him highly. Guys like him, Macklin and Moore REALLY know their stuff.

Tony always looks stoned/very sleepy, though! Haha.

4. SnoopyboyM

SnoopyboyM Active Member Full Member

Jan 26, 2010
    Good pundit as is Paul Smith

5. Decy

Decy Barely Coherent Full Member

Oct 23, 2006
    Spencer Oliver is another.

6. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    he would be fantastic if he didnt sound like he was speaking with a mouthful of sherbert

7. THE PRINTER

THE PRINTER THE GUV'NOR Full Member

Dec 5, 2009
    They should get rid of Jim watt, glenn McCrory and Nicky piper they old hat now like sky sports football got rid of andy Gray and Richard keys and replace them with Neville and carragher get some pundit that the new generation know and have grown up watching

8. qwert

qwert Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 22, 2009
    I agree. A lot of boxers don't seem to follow the sport that closely but you can tell Bellew is a passionate fan as well as an accomplished professional.

9. Makingweight

Makingweight Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Would much prefer to listen to Bellew or Moore all day long than Watt or McCrory agree time for some new blood & new views.Bellew has a knowledge of while still being active you can tell he follows the game closely.

Watched the BT sport Boxing programme today as a presenter always thought Paul Dempsey was very good asks decent questions without blowing smoke up the fighters in the studio.

10. Strongback

Strongback Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Bellow is doing a good job.

The only criticism I have of him is he defends David Haye more than I think he should.

11. WhamBam

WhamBam Keeping Cool Full Member

Jul 30, 2010
    he's better at talking then he is at fighting, his last couple of fights have been boring.

12. fatcity

fatcity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    Bingo!
    Those that can-do,those that can't -teach.:deal

13. Solaris

Solaris Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Say what you like about his fight persona, but as a pundit he is intelligent, articulate and most of all knows the game inside out and has just great boxing knowledge.

Enjoy listening to him.

14. Loz

Loz New Member Full Member

Nov 10, 2009
    and those that can't teach , teach gym.

15. P4P-Ruler

P4P-Ruler Active Member Full Member

Apr 14, 2013
    Time for some new blood. Haye, Froch and Bellew can do a cracking job and can alternate depending on their fight commitments.