tony bellew as a pundit.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by doug.ie, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Prosinecki

Prosinecki SPINAL Full Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Best of luck Tony, just don't expect to get a decision in Canada.

That's not to say that Canada is any worse than anywhere else, mind you.

2. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    how big is the gap from top domestic to world contender?

3. CmonChels

CmonChels New Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    It's great that Tony Bellew takes the time out to read and respond to boxing fans on this forum, do any other boxers at Tony's level do this? I'm pretty new to forums but I'm guessing no?

Nice one Tony, it will be very tough but I hope you win and get to defend the World Title at Goodison, I'll be rooting for you :bbb :good

4. Tony Bellew

Tony Bellew Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    In terms of ability huge.. You take someone like Miranda and Chilemba and they would clean up domestically IMO ..:good

5. Tony Bellew

Feb 26, 2009

I expect no favours but believe I'll get a fair crack at the whip :good

6. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    I think that Bellew vs Pascal would be a really great battle.

Best of luck, Tone. Other than power, Stevenson just doesn't seem 'all that' to me. A great fighter but not a great Boxer.

Hope you do the business, bro! ;-)

7. byron87

byron87 Active Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2011
    What about bolonti? :think

8. Tony Bellew

Feb 26, 2009
    Wasn't the best if I'm being honest but was very hard to hit clean and once I caught him he didn't wanna know, add to that I boxed 9 rounds with a 20 stitch gash on my face and I think it was a pretty good performance considering he was unbeaten in 7 years and was WBC #5 ;)

9. TED 822

TED 822 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 10, 2012
    A few weeks ago Bellew was talking on Sky in between the red button prelims and Thought he was absolutely fascinating,far more so than most.Knows boxing well.Regarding his boxing I thought he actually shaded Clev.I was a bit surprised when he didn't bellyache after not getting it.Bit out of character{sorry Tony}He's a bit unlucky in my opinion to be in a division with 2 absolute beasts in it but credit to him for wanting to try,and being prepared to go to Canada.Not impossible that he can do it,will be yelling for him.

10. Solaris

Solaris Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Anyone giving Tony **** should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

I hope you smash him to ****ing pieces and I get to hear "and the new...".

Best of luck Tony. Just make sure you do yourself justice.

11. shenmue

shenmue Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    I agree with this, Tony is good for British Boxing. I do think Stevenson beats him but i still want him to do well.

12. Tony Bellew

Feb 26, 2009

Thanks very much :good I actually cannot wait to go to Canada. This is a lifetime worth of work on the line and I believe ill do it :good

13. Tony Bellew

Feb 26, 2009
    Thanks mate, the hard cases come with the territory I suppose, only thing that annoys me is why anyone would wish actual harm and bad on people? I wish harm on no one in this world well bar 1 man.. The rest I hope everyone succeeds and fulfils there potential in whatever it is they choose to do..:good

14. Tony Bellew

Feb 26, 2009
    Thank you for the well wishes and I'm looking forward to proving you wrong ;)

15. shenmue

shenmue Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Yeah i don't understand the posters on here that actually want a certain fighter to get brutally knocked out and stretched out etc. But i would be lying if i say i don't enjoy seeing knockouts or knock downs, it probably is my favorite thing about a boxing match because it creates drama.