Tony Bellew is starting to beat haye mentally

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Price is back, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    This content is protected

2. joegray

joegray Active Member Full Member

Jul 18, 2013
    Some of these comments!
    I doubt Bellew will land a single punch

3. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Bellew doesn't even have a punchers chance. This shite fest coming up is going to damage PPV boxing (which is a
    Good thing) as knowing Haye he will not be interested in spending any money on the U/C So there is no chance that they can get away with it ala AJ When Bellew is KO'd In a performance that would make Fraudley look as brave as Gatti.

It's Irelevant as the fight doesn't go past 2 or 3 but I find it amusing that this hasn't been advertised yet as the 10rd fight it will no doubt be- they will save that detail to fight week! Typical Haye

4. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    If Tony can run around the ring for 6 rounds and make Haye chase him and punch himself out he stands a chance.

5. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Bellew is just vastly underrated.. especially at the higher weights.. maybe the way Tyson Fury was a no hoper one day and the champ the next.. Bellew would be better than all of them IMO..

6. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Hopefully Haye smashes him

Camaris likes this.
  7. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    We know all about Bellew & what he brings to the table, whether you rate that is personal opinion.

However, 6 mins ring time in 5 years after a shoulder reconstruction and he's now 36 years of age...we have little idea what Haye brings to the table.

The only way Haye can walk out the ring with his head held high is if he knocks Bellew out. I honestly don't think Bellew will be devastated if he lost on points, he can point to the fact he's stepped up in weight etc. So the pressure is on Haye to get him out of there, and the longer the fight goes on, the more desperate he gets.

It's a silly fight, but I'm proper intrigued to know if Haye has anything left.

zulander likes this.
  8. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Same prediction I had for the Klit v Fury fight, if it goes past 5 rounds Bellew will run away with it, if not we all know what happens.

9. williams7383

williams7383 TKO 6 Klit Lickers Full Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Haye v Enzo Mac revisited. As one sided as Deontay Wilder v Stephen Hawking

10. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    This could be a 4 round fight and you'd still have plenty of allocated broadcast time totally unused. This is a mismatch that that gobshite Bellew has managed to talk himself into.

In this fight it's his consciousness (or lack of) feeding his kids rather than his fists. Still I'll be glad to see him go back to Cruiser to get KO'd again. We should then be rid of his BS.

11. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008

Good post.

Where as Bellew has looked a different animal at Cruiserweight and has clearly improved, Haye hasn't been in a fight for 5 years and has had major surgery.

We see all the time what 1 year lay-offs do to fighters lets alone FIVE YEARS after major surgery. I think it's completely safe to say that Haye will not be as good as he once was, the question is how much has he regressed?

The difference between this and the Stevenson fight is that Haye isn't the type of fighter to come forward and pressure, he doesn't have that kind of output. It's going to be very interesting if Haye throws a few big shots and Bellew is still there.

Twentyman likes this.
  12. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    The dislike of Haye is over the top. I hope he spuds Bellew and shuts that northern whine up.

Sugar 88 likes this.
  13. Chalky

Chalky Member Full Member

Jul 18, 2016
    Really good post. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Twentyman likes this.
  14. MagicAlex

MagicAlex New Member Full Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Haye has enough left to take Bellew out easily. If he stands and trades it will be over in one if he runs it might take four.

Bellew isn't in this to win. He has already had he's defining fight and now he wants to get paid. He has clearly chased and then taken the biggest payday available to him and mark my words this will be his last fight. This is the big cash out. He knows Haye is too much for him and he knows hes likley getting knocked out but he seems okay with losing just as long as he leaves with his health and as a multi millionaire. Haye knows it too which is why he keeps saying that hes going to put Bellew in hosptal. Personally I don't think its a sensible fight for Bellew to take especially with that mindset, money isn't the right motivation and hes going to fight scared, he already looks shook and I think this fight might stink (Bellew will be looking for a way out). I have lots of time for Eddie H but again he is allowing his fighter to take a big risk with his health in search of the £ and sooner or later that is going to go badly wrong.

tomclarky likes this.
  15. thornpipe

thornpipe Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2016
    Bellew has been wrote off all the way through his career and look where he's at now. commonwealth, British, European, world and a few intercontinental belts in between, fought quality opposition and only really been beat by Stevenson at a weight that didn't suit him. While David haye hasn't been in a fight in 4 years I rate haye he is rapid and if he still has the speed it will be a tough night for bellew but write him off I will not.