Tony Bellew vs Isaac Chilemba 2 on Froch undercard

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by emallini, Apr 8, 2013.

1. fatcity

fatcity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    Horrible match up.It put me to sleep the first time-I will pass on this nonsense.Eddie is slipping if he thinks fans will be excited about this :deadmess.

2. JohnH

JohnH Guest

Chilemba gets the correct decision this time.

3. deebest

deebest Active Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Red Button Job ! I bet Bellend wont be mouthing off pre fight this time around.

4. Terminator_X

Terminator_X Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Agreed.

You're going to have around 15,000 people pumped for the Kessler-Froch fight and this fight is gonna come on and suck all that energy from them and deflate the atmosphere.

For the record if Chilemba starts quicker this time he'll win a comfortable but rather boring UD win.

5. trotter

trotter Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 18, 2008
    I'm interested to see it, having had some time to recover from the horrors of the first fight

I think and hope Bellew will make adjustments and fight a much much smarter fight this time but who knows. Chilemba might just be the level he can't get past.

6. HOF

HOF Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Suppose the level of the fight fits the bill for a ppv event even if the first fight was a stinker. You never know though, with all the flak Bellew has taken and with a 'Warrior' pep talk from his pal who's topping the bill he might just come out windmilling. And he can afford to do it if Chilemba really doesn't carry anymore firepower than he showed in the first fight. If he gets picked off then he gets picked off, but it's now sink or swim time for Bellew.

On the other hand he could disappear onto the backfoot again as he doesn't seem to have much natural instinct for how a fight is going, and doesn't trust his corner anymore if his comments after the first fight are anything to go by.

7. BoxingAnalyst

BoxingAnalyst Obsessed with Boxing banned

Apr 24, 2011
    Chilemba to win clearly this time. He's the better fighter.

8. craney91

craney91 Boxing Addict banned

Mar 23, 2012
    Draw - Both fighters fall to sleep.

9. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
  10. craney91

craney91 Boxing Addict banned

Mar 23, 2012
    Someone on here predicted a draw before the 1st fight. Was it bam bam? I can't remember man. I know someone did though. Fair play to whoever it was. :good

Speak up now or forever hold your peace! :lol:

I thought Chilemba would cause an "upset".....he kind of did. Well, delayed it a bit.

Jokes aside, I personally think Chilemba will end this one before it gets to the judges. He will punish Tony for being to conservative. If not Chilemba, someone will down the line.

11. Primadonna Kool

Primadonna Kool Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Did'nt Chilemba have the flu in the first fight..?

12. ashedward

ashedward Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 30, 2008
    People will have low expectations for this because of the first fight,this might suprise a few people if Bellew go for it more and Chilemba is in better condion by not having the flu

13. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Nice. We might get a rectification.

14. The rematch may actually be a good fight. Chilemba should get going faster and Bellew should come out swinging for the fences because he's under massive pressure to do the business

15. Berliner

Berliner Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Yes. And also just his second fight with his new trainer, who Chilemba claims will teach him much more. Also now Chilemba will have even more confidence. All in all a very risky fight for Bellew. You have to give him big credit for that.