Tony Bellew's commentary for AJ-Takam

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Unforgiven, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Ridiculous.

Bellew came across as some little ass-kissing sidekick going on about how tough and great his big heroic mate is. He kept getting it wrong "AJ gonna end it soon", "AJ imposed himself", "Won't go 5 rounds now".

He managed to stand out as ridiculously biased among a group who are all ridiculously biased.

He was so annoying, I'm considering becoming a new-born David Haye fan.

Hattonmad, impacted, namsu55 and 14 others like this.
  2. cracked_rib

cracked_rib New Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Hes alot easier to stomach when you haven't paid for the broadcast but even then with that thick accent of his and like you say the ass kissing, everytime he opens his mouth its like a infants cry at 3am that goes right through you.

3. Sturm

Sturm Member Full Member

Oct 29, 2017
    It sounded like Bellew was shouting instructions and encouragement for AJ between the rounds. You are never going to get a fair or impartial view as they are all friends and as a result the quality of the commentary is poor and biased.

Unforgiven likes this.
  4. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Sky's coverage has gone dire,they have been trying turn it into this night out environment,showing Zlatan every 2minutes,no matter what anyone says about Showtime and HBO,their coverage shits all over Sky's.I hope in international fights,that **** adam smith can do everyone a favour buy staying at home and using Showtime's commentary and feed.Showtime must've been cringing about what they were seeing,America will always be the home of boxing.[/QUOTE]

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  5. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    You have to take it for what it is. Skysports boxing is basically the Anthony Joshua show, he is the golden goose and everything is geared up around hyping and marketing him.

At this point AJ would have to get busted by operation yewtree for anyone at Skysports to say a bad word about him.

6. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Not to mention criticising Whyte for failing to deal with a negative opponent and saying he’s not cut out for the top level as a result...not that I disagree but it seemed odd coming from his mouth having struggled with worse fighters than helenius and gone on to win a world title...

7. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    listen to his punditry just before the final round of the wlad fight. It was amazing. He got it absolute spot on!

8. Sturm

Sturm Member Full Member

Oct 29, 2017
    Whyte has repeatedly called out Bellew and so Bellew was always going to criticise Whytes performance regardless of the outcome. Helenius was very negative, hurt Whyte early on and didn't even attempt to take advantage of it. Happy to get his last big paycheck.

9. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    He was trolling with the whyte criticism lol. he knows whyte pushes his **** in if they ever share a ring.

10. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    He knows what he's talking about boxing wise. But his arse kissing last night was the worst I've ever heard. A complete refusal to admit anything negative about his mate.

11. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Was aj not a drug dealer am sure he was

12. Blah

Blah Active Member Full Member

Mar 27, 2016
    Remember, this is the man who said during Whyte vs Chisora

‘This a war of malnutrition’

I don’t think I’ve come so close to wetting myself as an adult.

JonnyPfunk, skunk, Sugar 88 and 2 others like this.
  13. Ty577

Ty577 Member banned Full Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Yes he WAS,he changed for the better,but i just feel that femi has that drug dealing attitude once the Media Trained AJ has been broken.I would genuinely pay PPV to watch AJ and Fury press conferences if the fight is ever made,Joshua will have to say something and engage in Personal Trash talk as fury would bring it up,maybe even Haye.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  14. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    So if he was a drug dealer he could easily be on PED's am not saying he is but could be

15. Gneus7

Gneus7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Bellew has always been annoying af imo.