Tony Doherty loses for the first time...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Dunky McCafferty, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    To a Scotsman!;)

In all seriousness though, Im very pleased for Kevin McIntyre, who was no doubt looked upon as a soft touch for Tony last night.

Doherty was 20-0 going into the fight, & was a heavy favourite to win, I think Frank Warren bas banking on Kevin being past his best, as hed been stopped recently by Gary Reid & Nigel Wright. But Kev did beat Wright the first time they fought, showing that on his day he can be a hard fight for anyone in Britain.

In fact, it was a good night all round for the scots last night, with concrete fisted Kenny Anderson winning by KO yet again(three out of three by KO now) & of course Alex Athur finally fufilling his potential by beating a top opponent in Gogoladze.

ALBA GU BRATH:bbb

2. Top Dog

Top Dog Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 10, 2006

Absolute quality:thumbsup :thumbsup :lol: Kevin is a good lad, I'm pleased as feck for him. You right though, Warren took him down there thinking he was an easy touch, but what they didnt know was that he is a lot stronger since moving up the weight, l/welter was just too light for him. I knew this could be a sticking point for Doherty. Oh, how good is that!:good