Tony Victor James Yoka vs. Joel Tambwe Djeko

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Feb 28, 2021.

La Conquete or Big Joe?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2021.
  1. Yoka on points

60.0%
  2. Yoka by stoppage

20.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Djeko on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Djeko by stoppage

20.0%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Friday at H Arena in Nantes. The vacant EBU-EU heavyweight title (dormant since Wallin vs. Granat three years ago) will be at stake.

Despite having been relatively fast-tracked in terms of quality opposition without even leaving single digits of pro bouts, Olympic gold medalist Yoka has yet to compete for even a minor title. His fellow super heavyweight in the other corner, a hulking Congolese-Cuban-Belgian-Brit, is a former IBO continental and intercontinental champion down at cruiser, where he fought most of his career despite being insanely tall for the division (official height not listed anywhere but he towered over 6'2" Brudov and had just as much advantage over Ricardo Snijders h2h as did Daniel Dubois. My guess is he can look Yoka levelly in his eye)

2. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    I have always low-key been a big fan of Djeko, who doesn't excel in any one area but is a well schooled and solidly built large slab of meat - and have never cared for Yoka, since his pampered & protected amateur run (compounted by undue arrogance; he fancies himself a PBF in a SHW's body) - but there might be too much of a gulf in class here. Much as I hate to admit it, Yoka is bound to be a legit world title contender while Djeko tops out at his current European level. If he can net the stoppage it proves Yoka's power is genuine in the pros - Djeko has never been halted officially, but he did get KTFO in the semi-professional Bigger's Better tourney by Sergei Maslobojev.

Having said all that, I'd be more overjoyed than inordinately suprised to see an upset. :D

3. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Yoka is a KO waiting to happen... It's not an IF it's a WHEN. But this another carefully handpicked opponent (light hitter at that) so little chance of it happening here. I got excited when I first read the thread(read it as Joey Dawejko first) who is also tubby, fairly skilled but probably packs a bigger punch. Would represent a bigger risk too. I don't think he'll get work against potentially fragile prospects much anymore after the peeps of him supposedly KO'ing Joshua in camp before the first Ruiz fight.

LongJohn likes this.