Tony Weeks should be investigated

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by robert ungurean, May 14, 2023.

1. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    It was bad enough when this guy turned into a Policeman for Mayweather but what happened lastnite is an absolute disgrace. Not only was this an absolute criminal stoppage but also look at how badly he damaged this man's career and literally robbed him of future big paydays! I can only hope this is ruled a no contest but that doesn't fit the Tank rematch agenda. Hope this man never refs anything more than a 6 rounder again.

2. GGGfans

GGGfans Active Member Full Member

Dec 27, 2017
    His refereeing of Ward vs Kovalev II was already criminal.

3. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    I hope Tony was well paid, because this was a FIX, and obvious fix.

This content is protected

4. smoking mirrors

smoking mirrors Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2023
    investigated by who? nobody involved in putting on this fight wanted Barroso to win

Willie Maeket, box33 and Ph33rknot like this.
  5. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Nah, Ward whoop that woman beating drunkard. Sure, Ward smacked them nuts a few imes, but it had nothing to do with the outcome of the fight.
    It appears that Weeks stopped the fight the 1st chance he could. He knew Rolly was losing. Let's not forget the push he call a KD. Usually I give the refs a little slack, due to how fast the action is and needing to make a split second decision, but last night was horrible and only 1 of 2 things happened. Weeks was paid off or he is totally incompetent. Either one is unexceptional and dude needs to go.

Willie Maeket and pacas like this.
  6. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Ahh boxing has it all
    It’s why we are all fans
    Because boxing is a metaphor for life
    Because life is after all a fight!

im disgusted by the politics
    But I am also disgusted with the politics of real life. At the same time I still love life.

boxing really is a metaphor for life.
    i think Jim lamprey 1st came up with this
    “boxing metaphor for life” concept.

I dig it.

captain hook and Ph33rknot like this.
  7. vargasfan1985

vargasfan1985 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Exactly

You answered your own question

BiggieL likes this.
  8. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    I just watched the fight, and yes that’s about as corrupt as a stoppage can get. A push knockdown followed up by missed shots. Tony Weeks and the head of the athletic commission refusing to speak on it says it all.

9. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Pencil moustache snake Weeks should've been investigated after he waved Kovalev vs Ward II off on a flagrant foul to the testicles. The correct procedure when one fighter has been punched in the testicles (repeatedly at that) is to issue a warning for the foul to the offending fighter for the flagrant punches to the testicles and give the fighter on the receiving of the illegal blows to the testicles five minutes to recover from the illegal blow to the testicles. You do not wave the fight off on a foul.

Had the roles been reversed and Ward had been the one on the receiving illegal blows to the testicles Weeks not only wouldn't have waved the fight off and given Ward five minutes to recover from the illegal blows to the testicles he would've deducted points from Kovalev for the illegal blows to the testicles and likely even DQ'd him for the illegal blows to the testicles. And let's not forget that Ward's then manager is one of the most notorious gangsters in the gangster game.

Listen to what testicle puncher king Ward's then trainer Virgin Hunter had to say when one of his other fighters was on the receiving end of illegal blows to the testicles.

10. ertwin

ertwin Active Member Full Member

Aug 2, 2016

Jim Lampley is cribge af

11. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Be that as it may
    The boxing is a mataophor for life concept is real AF.

12. Man_Machine

Man_Machine Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I'd have to agree. Apart from calling a KD when it was clearly a takedown, Weeks then lets Romero get away with shoving Barroso with a forearm to the neck. This is what puts Borroso into the corner, in the first place - then Weeks just waits to step in.

The stoppage comes without Romero landing another a meaningful blow, after the shove.

Just pitiful officiating really.

13. Skins

Skins Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I think Weeks really believes that the people are there to see him jump in waving his arms and stop a fight

14. dougingb

dougingb Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2007
    The main issue isn't Weeks, it is the Nevada State athletic Commission. The NSAC is literally one of the most corrupt organizations on earth. They instruct the refs and judges to favor certain fighters over another.

15. Finkel

Finkel Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    I think I'll be taking a break from boxing. Certainly won't be watching any more PBC fights. Absolute disgrace.

First to even have Romero in a fight for the interim title was unbelievable. Then they strip the champion and make this for the full title. Then one of the most blatant pushes gets called a knock down. Roly basically put his forearm on Baroso's neck and threw him at the floor. Then he again blatantly pushes Baroso into the corner, doesn't land anything with any accuracy whilst receiving return fire and the fight gets stopped!?

It reminded me of the stoppages Wilder used to get when he was windmilling wildly, not landing much of anything, and the 'homer' referees would jump in.

**** the PBC.
    If nothing is done about this one. It's time to shut up shop over in Amercia. They've near killed the 'sport' over there. Now it's all YouTube boxing, pretend champions who hold belts hostage, and open corruption like we saw yet again