Tony Zale - Mike McCallum 15 Rounds

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Seamus, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Sweet Pea

Sweet Pea Obsessed with Boxing banned

Dec 26, 2007
    The only guy I could possibly see being stopped would be Zale, but I'd wager on the bout going the distance, with McCallum's better skills from range winning the night for him.

2. cotto20

cotto20 Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2009
    I was recently reading the report to the Zale vs Conn bout. And Zale is of ment to of give him a real good tussle, and some even say it was pretty close.

Wish it was on footage....:-(

3. Bummy Davis

Bummy Davis Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Not tough like Zale was tough

4. anarci

anarci Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Im gonna go with Mccallum by decision, He would use his superior boxing skills to out box Zale, although Zale would be very competetive and provide Mccallum with some scary moments,Mccallum was tough enough to weather it. Mccallum 9-5-1

5. Mantequilla

Mantequilla Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Depends what kind of toughness we are talking about.in ring durabiliy? that's relevant and arguable... or is this just general "man's man" "harder era" toughness nonsense that doesn't have a great deal to do with in ring ability?.If so i'd wager someone like kalambay had a much tougher time growing up in zaire even if he wasn't dirt poor(which i dont have a clue about, in fact i thnk i remember it being mentioned in some old articles he was a miner).

6. frankenfrank

frankenfrank Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 18, 2009
    and julian jackson

7. frankenfrank

frankenfrank Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 18, 2009
    mccallum faced the much better oposition at least in average and was not stopped. zale will not stop him. however zale was stopped and i know he was tough so mccallum wins a decision or wins an opportunistic stoppage. bigger chance for a decision because zale was tough. i don't think he was steve collins tough.

8. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    McCallum better in a technical sense,but I like Zale bt decision.

9. Titan1

Titan1 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 18, 2004
    McCallum By SD.