too much running vs too much weights...whats worse???

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by highguard, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Jdsm

Jdsm Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2010
    I know, I didn't claim otherwise.

2. viru§™

viru§™ Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 28, 2007
    You're not making any sense whatsoever. Your initial question - too much running vs too much weights...whats worse??? The answer is obviously they're as bad as each other. It's a completely pointless question that's already been answered.

You've then gone on to talk about body building which nobody has an issue with, but this is a boxing forum. If you talk about building muscle, bring up body building and mixing boxing in the same sentence you're going to get people wondering wtf you're going on about. You then started insulting people like a 10 year old.

Now you're posting videos about the benefits of weight lifting which is a different subject and which nobody here has argued against.

Can you tell us all what you're attempting to prove instead of going off on these random tangents?

3. Lartize

Lartize Active Member Full Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Lol @ Highguard not being able to comprehend the difference in lifting weights and bodybuilding

Although bodybuilders lift weights.. not all people who lift weights are bodybuilders

4. highguard

highguard Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 12, 2010

no genius, did i mention training in bodybuilding( 6 days a week,1 body part a day etc) in any of my original ****ing posts
    now its most these guys right away bring up bodybuilding when weights are discussed...........

and when weights are discussed, they will right away attack bodybuilding,
    and since they bring up these things i will bring up negatives of running and i get attacked because running is ****ing holy

learn to read

5. highguard

Apr 12, 2010

yes i started insulting people like a 10 year,,,because i should crap from idiots like you right????

your saying that no one argued against benefits of weight training, but did in any of first few post mention ****ing training like a pro bodybuilder(6 days a week,1 body part a day etc)???
    no other started to attack weight training by mentioning the negative elements in bodybuilding and when i dared to attack the ****ing holy subject of running.....this was too much to take for people

lifting weights is one thing
    bodybuilding is a sport of of its own...

6. MidnightMindz

MidnightMindz New Member Full Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I came here to this thread to learn something...
    But by the end, I'm just left feeling confused in so many ways...

7. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Idiots like me? Now you're insulting me because I'm trying to figure out what the **** you're going on about? You really need to grow up.

Nobody has attacked you for you attacking running, they're attacking you because you're an immature kid that can't hold his own argument up without throwing out insults.

As I stated above... and?

8. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Confused about what? Completely ignore every post by highguard, he's utterly clueless.

9. TVLPC

TVLPC Member Full Member

Jan 16, 2011
    What is this about at this point?

10. Pugsley

Pugsley Fat Bastard Full Member

Sep 2, 2005
    True that.

:good

11. Pugsley

Pugsley Fat Bastard Full Member

Sep 2, 2005
  12. highguard

Apr 12, 2010

man shut up with the whole pretending to be smarter then me ****,

if you cant handle insults then dont throw them at people

also tell me
    how much boxing have you done?
    have you done other martial arts?
    how much weight training have you done?

not how much research you have done....i wanta know how much time you
    spent in the actual gym, not ****ing reading about what people do in the gym

i am curious since you pretend to me an expert

13. viru§™

Aug 28, 2007
    Pretending to be smarter than you? I'm not even trying and it's showing...

I can handle insults, it's not difficult, just pathetic that you're having to insult people for informing you you're talking ****.

Completely irrelevant, but just over a year.

Again completely irrelevant, but since you asked - kung fu for 3 years, kickboxing for 2 years and some MMA. Why, what does this have to do with anything?

I've never claimed to be an expert.

I wasn't going to bother answering this, but I know this will make you look even more ******ed since you thought this would make me look bad in some way so here you go - training in gyms for just over 10 years. Fitness instructor for 2 and PT for around the last 4 years.

Do I qualify to give advice now?

14. highguard

Apr 12, 2010

yes it is clearly showing that your smarter then me,with your vast 1 year of boxing knowledge.....how dare i question someone with your incredible experience in boxing and all other combat sports......

ohh and kung fu....man you must have annoyed some old Chinese man before he kicked out his school lol

and personal trainer...i bet your one of those skinny boney trainers who will talk about how many powerlifters and bodybuilders have poor form.....
    while showcaseing your perfect form as your benching just the bar lol

and no son you dont qualify to give me advice

12 years off and on boxing
    4 or so years of bjj
    wrestled a season in unversity
    also have done some muay thai
    and a bit of systema and wing chun.....

been lifting weights for 2-3 years

so boxing or mma or combat sports in general you should listening to me

15. dealt_with

dealt_with Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Apr 27, 2012
    I still stand by my idea of banning this ****** to make an example for this forum.