Top 10 Heavyweights - June 2019

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Rumsfeld, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Rumsfeld

Rumsfeld Moderator Staff Member

Jul 19, 2004
    This content is protected

2. The Townsend

The Townsend Zeus. Full Member

Mar 21, 2019
    Wilder, Fury, Ruiz Jr, Whyte, AJ, Parker, Ortiz, Pulev, Povetkin, Allen.

Rumsfeld likes this.
  3. Komaster

Komaster Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 20, 2010
    No Pulev?

Rumsfeld likes this.
  4. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    As much as I like Usyk, he still has to make his debut at 200+, so I don't rate him yet.
    Pulev should definitely be in there.

minemax, OvidsExile and Rumsfeld like this.
  5. Rumsfeld

Jul 19, 2004
    For what it's worth, my inner voice debated long on deciding between who to exclude among Povetkin, Pulev, and Usyk. I ultimately went with Usyk because I believe he is going to make some major noise, win, lose, or draw. But @Robney and you might well prove correct - my inclusion of Usyk is possibly premature. And knowing my track record, I probably jinxed most of the top 10 I listed.

:smoking:

Robney likes this.
  6. Komaster

Komaster Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Jo Joyce not a chance?

7. Rumsfeld

Jul 19, 2004
    You're making me wish I spent another day on this and did a top 15. :lol:

I am curious to see how he looks in a few weeks, for what that's worth. I'm not quick to write him off, so he may crack my top 10 if that's what you're asking.

8. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Good video Rummy. Solid Top 10, the only issue I have is with Kownacki making it, personally I'd replace him with either Pulev, Joyce or even Michael Hunter.

Also, get ready to drop Whyte, Kaboom's going to **** him up next month.:D Also, I have a gripe with his win over Parker, myself and most of the good scorers had it for Parker by a hair, but fouls and all, it is what it is. That's the decision, so we have to rank accordingly. Good Top 4, I agree completely.

And I absolutely love your choice for number 10.:sisi1

mirkofilipovic and Rumsfeld like this.
  9. Rumsfeld

Jul 19, 2004
    I could definitely see the case to replace Kownacki with Pulev.

And regarding Usyk, based on the early comments in the video, some people seem to think I'm a moron for including him in the top 10 before he debuts there, and other people think I've rated him too low. I couldn't rate him any higher than 10 at this time, but I'm dying to see how he fares in his heavyweight debut - which I hope it's Takam, as I think that will give us a decent indication on how to better gauge him.

CST80 likes this.
  10. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah Pulev as of late has the higher quality wins, his domination of Hughie Fury, Dinu and Dereck Chisora was in my estimation a little more impressive than what Kownacki has done, but Adam is there knocking on the door definitely.

I think you rated Usyk perfectly. You have to make the distinction between what you believe to be a potential reality and actual accomplishments, far too often those distinctions get blurred. But judging by his dominations of Joyce and Hunter, that's more enough get him to 10, but not necessarily rank him any higher at the moment.

Rumsfeld likes this.
  11. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Nice to see Pulev on your list! He most definitely deserves to be there. Just compare him against Hughie Fury and then Parker vs Hughie.