Top Most Action Packed 2 Round Fights (Article by OP_TheJawBreaker)

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by OP_TheJawBreaker, Apr 15, 2022.

1. OP_TheJawBreaker

OP_TheJawBreaker NOBODY hit like that guy! Full Member

Jun 23, 2021
    1. Mike McCallum vs Julian Jackson
    - Arguably the best two round fight I've ever seen. Although they didn't exploded from the start, they threw a lot of threatening punches. Jackson would wobble McCallum briefly and had him on the defensive in the first round till McCallum calmly recuperated. Just like an assassin, McCallum would slowly and surely take over the fight, slipping and countering every punches that Jackson threw till he won the fight by technical knockout.

Fight Link:

2. Bob Satterfield vs Elkins Brothers

- Terrific fight! Satterfield-Brothers is just explosive from the start. From the opening bell, Brothers immediately jumped on Satterfield looking to knock him out early but Satterfield fought intelligently off the ropes. While Brothers kept piling up the pressure, Satterfield later dropped Brothers twice in the first and stagger him badly at the second. Their duel would ultimately end with him knocking Brothers out with a picture perfect left hook.

Fight Link:

3. Rocky Lockridge vs Juan LaPorte

- When both classical sluggers enter the ring, you know what type of fight's gonna happen. LaPorte momentarily hurt Lockridge in the first round but Lockridge didn't back down. Lockridge would pressure on LaPorte, pushing him to the ropes and both men would fire murderous punches at each other in such a high pace. With both men having their best moments standing toe to toe, LaPorte would end their fight with a perfectly thrown right hand counter to Lockridge's face. Laying him dead on the canvas.

Fight Link: Fight starts at 5:25

4. Nigel Benn vs Anthony Logan

- The amount of back and forth in this fight is insane. Benn would look to knock Logan as soon as he jumped on him but suddenly was drop by a clean right hand. He got up easily from the punch, and continued with their all out brawl. In the 2nd round, both men would throw wild punches at each other but Logan seems to get better of the exchange. At the end of their fight, Logan look like he's about to knock Benn out with a flurry of combinations but literally out of nowhere, Benn threw a wild left hook dropping Logan down and stopping him from his tracks. Logan got up wobbly and the referee waved the fight.

Fight Link:

5. Joe Calzaghe vs Bryon Mitchell

- Damn, this fight is exciting as hell. Calzaghe made a quick start trying to look for a knockout against Mitchell. Mitchell would whether the storm and use every tricks up his sleeve to survive Calzaghe's assaults in 1st round. Early in the 2nd, it was Mitchell's turn to give punishment, he even floored Calzaghe with a short beautiful right hand. However Calzaghe fought back, he slowly took over the fight by outworking and outlasting Mitchell to get a technical knockout win in the 2nd round.

Fight Link:

2. OP_TheJawBreaker

Jun 23, 2021
    6. Joe Frazier vs Manuel Ramos

- Ngl, this fight is a bit one sided. Frazier with usual moving forward style, stand toe to toe with a much bigger man, Manuel Ramos. Ramos would have his best moment wobbling Frazier with his best punch, the right uppercut. However, Frazier quickly recuperated and instantly punishes Ramos throughout the fight. He dropped Ramos briefly in the first round and dropped him twice badly in the 2nd round. Ramos was just courageously fighting back at this point, and was dropped again by a series of fight ending left hooks which the referee counted him out despite Ramos getting up to his feet.

Fight Link:

7. Jack Dempsey vs Luis Firpo

- Although overrated, it's still an enjoyable fight. From the start of the bell, both guys jumped at each other.. trading punches with a lot of pushing and wrestling behind it. In their fearsome brawl, Dempsey would knock Firpo down 5 times before Firpo knock Dempsey out through the ropes in the 1st round. The flow of their fight would continue till in the second, Dempsey would drop Firpo down twice again and ultimately knocking him out.

Fight Link:

8. Prince Naseem Hamed vs Daniel Allecia

- Well this is a good scrap. Going to this fight, Hamed's unorthodox like defense is somewhat failing in the first round. He was simply getting tagged more than he dodged, and everytime he tried to counter he got countered himself as shown in his first knockdown in round 1. In the second round, Hamed's was sharper and better, he dodged punches better and threw a lot of punches at his opponent even getting a knockdown in the process. With both fighters swinging away trying to end their opponent out, Hamed won the exchange and the round by knockout.

Fight Link:

9. Roy Jones Jr. vs Merqui Sosa

- This fight was much more competitive than it was portrayed in the internet. Sosa, who is tough, crude and physically strong fighter was able to make Roy fight his fight. It was a pretty good display of inside fighting, Roy had a couple of moments staggering Sosa while Sosa is just trying his best smothering and neutralizing Roy's ability to fight on the inside. In the 2nd round, Roy dropped Sosa with right hand, Sosa got up and intelligently defended but the referee make a terrible mistake of stopping the fight early which frustrated the whole audience in the process. Was fun while it lasted.

Fight Link:

10. Sergio Martinez vs Paul Williams ll

- Just like on their first bout. It was skilled affair with lots of punching and exchanging. The first rounds was simply intense with Martinez getting better of the exchange. It had the crowd cheering at the edge of their seat while In the second round, Martinez led Williams in what seems to be one of the most brutal one punch knockouts in rich history of boxing. A left overhand to the head.

Fight Link:

Well there you have it folks, the best two round fights I've ever seen. Here are some honorable mentions:

Liston-Williams 2, Coetzer-Du Plooy, Charles-Satterfield and Lopez-Malvarez.

roughdiamond likes this.
  3. Jel

Jel Reserving the right to be inconsistent Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Cheers @OP_TheJawBreaker - checking out a couple of these that I haven’t seen. Great list!

4. OP_TheJawBreaker

Jun 23, 2021
    Not gonna lie, I should've went from 10 to 1 instead of 1 to 10

5. Bronze Tiger

Bronze Tiger Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2018
    Ok …so are we not just talking about heavyweights only in this thread lol

6. OP_TheJawBreaker

Jun 23, 2021
    ummmm.. no. It's just that mostly entertaining 2 round fights happened in HW. Lewis-Grant is another mention

Bronze Tiger likes this.
  7. Bronze Tiger

Bronze Tiger Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2018
    Foreman vs Frazier is pretty action packed

8. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    Julian Letterlough vs Richard Hall is another good 2 rounder.

OP_TheJawBreaker likes this.
  9. OP_TheJawBreaker

Jun 23, 2021
    Where to find this fight? I can't find it on yt

10. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007

I'd have to outright reject the idea that most great 2 round fights are at heavy. This one is crazy:

Florentino Fernandez KO2 Marcel Pigou

This content is protected

11. OP_TheJawBreaker

Jun 23, 2021
    I just watched Guty Espadas vs Chan-Hee Park and that was crazy! Hopefully by watching yours, I'll have no choice but to remake my list. Also, watch Garza-Berna too, that was entertaining as well.

12. OP_TheJawBreaker

Jun 23, 2021
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with that statement. This is not just my opinion, but it's supported by facts. Here's some of the best 2 rounders I've seen:

Satterfield-Charles
    Satterfield-Brothers
    Coetzer-DuPlooy
    Frazier-Ramos
    Lewis-Grant
    Liston-Williams 2
    Dempsey-Firpo

13. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    I don't accept as "facts" that something like Frazier-Ramos is "better" than something like Kim-Ibarra. I think Kim-Ibarra is better, but that's all a matter of opinion only. The best two round fight I've personally seen, again in my opinion, is Fernandez-Pigou. That doesn't even make your list.

What i'm hinting at, is that you've seen more heavyweight fights than fights at other weight divisions and this has given you a false impression.

14. OP_TheJawBreaker

Jun 23, 2021
    I'm not saying heavyweight 2 rounders are better than the lower divisions, I'm just saying that they were more consistent in that division. Tho I have to thank you for showing Kim-Ibarra. I'll have to admit, It was amazing and from now on.. I will rate it as the number #1 two rounder I've ever seen (seriously).

But something is bugging me, and it's the fact that Fernandez-Pigou is the best fight you've seen. I don't know, I've seen the fight multiple times already and I don't think it is near number 1.

I made my list before I've seen all the fights you mentioned, forgive me if you're triggered of how "awful" my list is. After seeing Espadas-Park, Kim-Ibarra and Fernandez-Pigou, I can admit that my list does look like crap. Here's my new one (for now):

1. Tae Shik Kim-Luis Ibarra
    2. Mike McCallum-Julian Jackson
    3. Bob Satterfield-Elkins Brothers
    4. Guty Espadas-Chan Hee Park
    5. Nigel Benn-Anthony Logan
    6. Joe Calzaghe-Bryon Mitchell
    7. Rocky Lockridge-Juan LaPorte
    8. Joe Frazier-Manuel Ramos
    9. Bobby Cycz-Willie Edwards
    10. Florentino Fernandez-Marcel Pigou/Pierre Coetzer-Johnny DuPlooy (tie)

I highly recommend you watch Guty Espadas-Chan Hee Park & Bobby Cycz-Willie Edwards if you haven't seen it yet!

McGrain likes this.
  15. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Juanma Lopez vs Daniel Ponce De Leon 2. Helluva 2 round scrap.