Training for Amateur fighting

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by fr33mage, Aug 26, 2014.

1. fr33mage

fr33mage New Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Hey everyone!

I am currently training to go fight amateur and I have a few questions for any amateur fighter that can help me, including pros.

When training, does your trainer stick by your side at all times, or does he train you and then lets you train by yourself while he may supervise?

The reason I ask is because my trainer is with me for the whole time that I train, which is 4-5 times a week and I have been training with him for the past few months. I ask this because I used to have another trainer who would teach me something and then let me do it by myself with some supervision over me. Is that normal for a trainer to do?

How do you guys get trained?

Thanks!

2. ant-man

ant-man ant Full Member

May 13, 2009
    Does the gym have a good solid wall? There's a reason for my seemingly odd question..

3. Speechless

Speechless Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Do you have a mouthguard with a hole from which you can tether something, like say.....a sac of rocks?

4. fr33mage

fr33mage New Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Yes it does lol..(gym has walls)

5. ant-man

ant-man ant Full Member

May 13, 2009
    Good, good...

Any of the more knowledgeable posters want to chime in at this point? Feel free to express yourselves, if you would...

6. captain hook

captain hook Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2011
    he is obviously evaluating if you are ready for one strenuous exercise which every boxer needs to do before taking your training to higher level

7. ant-man

ant-man ant Full Member

May 13, 2009
    Yep. The Captain's starting to get my drift. :hey

Anyone else care to put in their five eggs...

8. Speechless

Speechless Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Bruce Lee was big on these.....changed my whole life man.....

9. LongJab

LongJab Active Member Full Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Every seasoned boxer knows that power comes from the lower-body, namely the "seat". Master this technique, do it frequently... and a boxer you will become.

And you don't need an ordinary wall. The wall must be solid. Concrete or brick work the best in my experience.

10. rampant

rampant Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 24, 2011
    Your trainer should be observing from the wall and most likely in a seated position, this is a dominant position one which you will progress to! Once you have progressed to this you are well on your way to becoming a champion!

Beware though it's not for everyone!