Training Schedule

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by skinny_whippet, Dec 7, 2017.

1. skinny_whippet

skinny_whippet New Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2017
    Hi folks, got a dilemma.

In my hometown I train at a very good gym with excellent boxing coaches, but when I'm at uni, the coaches are... well... pretty ****. As a result I'm pretty much reduced to training on my own most of the time (or with a mate on the rare occasion I can persuade them to lace up a pair of gloves). Most of my training at the moment is on the heavy bag at a commercial gym, jump rope, shadowboxing and strength and conditioning (body-weight, running and weights).

Far from ideal, I know. Can anyone suggest some drills, or even a full schedule I can use when I'm away from my home gym?

Cheers

BoxFreakBen likes this.
  2. Caimán

Caimán Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2015
    I see the situation but not knowing your level, limitations, style or specific things to correct I wouldn't recommend any specific drill. You could:

- Ask for a specific area to improve and it'll be easer to give you some feedback.
    - Send a video of your workout to see what can be improved.
    - Take some time to search some videos in youtube about drills and if something catch your intereest you can post it so we can give our thoughts of how useful it is and some advices.

And meanwhile you should:

- Look for a gym with proper coaches.
    - Physical work, focused in boxing.

3. Texascyclone

Texascyclone always hustlin' Full Member

Oct 15, 2013
    2 rds - dynamic warm up
    1 rd - bob and weave rope
    4 rds - shodowbox hi intensity
    2 rds - heavy bag
    2 rds - double end bag
    2 rds - speedbag