Triller wants to reschedule Lopez Kambosas in Australia

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Jul 13, 2021.

1. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    That's their plan and have said as much. Lopez said he will not fight in Australia. He says if Triller doesnt back off that demand he will vacate the IBF title and Kambosas can go fight a can for pennies.

2. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    FFS... I thought Triller were smart

Australia is still under full lockdown. They have banned full crowd events and have cancelled all sporting events scheduled months in advance.

Triller are either being greedy at this point or are just totally incompetent.

Eel87 likes this.
  3. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    Another fight that's not happening

George Crowcroft likes this.
  4. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    We need to put AJ, Usyk, Spence, and Pacquiao into a bubble immediately so we have at least a couple big fights for the rest of the year.

velagod and Mickea4 like this.
  5. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Lopez being a diva again

TipNom likes this.
  6. DobyZhee

DobyZhee VIP Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    I wouldn’t fight in Australia after what happened to Manny either.

Zhuge Liang, Keleneki and Rilz like this.
  7. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Queensland still has sporting events. The NRL is moving all NSW teams to QLD to keep the competition going.

Granted the NRL is huge and the QLD government will do all it can to help as Rugby League is one of the major sports in Australia. Staging a boxing event likely wouldn't get the same sort of support.

UniversalPart likes this.
  8. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    looez throwing demands left right and centre
    first with tr singing trillers prasies
    now
    sounding like a spoilt biatch to me

9. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    I think you will find that they now understand they massively overpaid for the fight. Will not see a return on investment and instead are planning to see if they can upset Lopez enough for him to drop out and therefore they will not be in breach of contract.

however I do agree that they are massively incompetent as documented by paying that much for the fight in the first place

10. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Another have gloves won't travel ''warrior''

This content is protected

Bring all your belts you worked so hard to get over to the US, champ, so the ref and three home judges (standard practice over there) can rob them from you and give them to me :facepalm:

Usyk

Gassiev in Russia
    Briedis in Latvia
    Glowacki in Poland
    Huck in Germany
    Bellew in England
    Hunter in the US
    Chisora in England
    AJ in England

11. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    I see your point, but when the American economy dwarfs the rest of the worlds it's no surprise most of the big fights happen there.

12. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    Why is Lopez and the like called World champions they fight literally at home all the time. Really they should just be called US "champions".. You can be a weight bully and fight at home, be called a world champion and people will still hype these pussies up

Zhuge Liang likes this.
  13. UniversalPart

Jul 1, 2010
    Sadly, I think you're right. The numbers never stacked up in the first place. Bob Arum must be laughing his head off.

I think it was Triller trying to make a name for themselves and showing their spending power - only for them to fall at the first hurdle.

14. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    What, really? Australia was going full ree ree in the middle of COVID when they had full events with no mask use.

15. UniversalPart

Jul 1, 2010
    They only have a 15% vaccine uptake and still have closed borders (or very tightly controlled ones anyway). They went for herd immunity and then full lockdowns and now are still closed to pretty much everyone.

They had the F1 race planned for November 2021 but cancelled it 4 whole months in advance.

[url]https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.australian-grand-prix-off-in-2021.395AJGygKsmWueNXHiZRUU.html[/url]

Anyone wanting to schedule any large sporting event in Australia better think twice.

Eel87 likes this.