Triple G: I Think Floyd Talks Too Much. Why Is He Acting Like Canelos Promoter??

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Todd498, Jun 23, 2017.

You Think Floyd Will Ever Have The Stones To Back Up His Talk Towards GGG??

1. No. He'll Focus On MMA Guys With 0-0-0 Boxing Records

22 vote(s)
    95.7%
  2. Yes He'll Quit Posting Instagram Pics Weighing 160 And Challenge Him

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    GGG also claimed anyone 168-154 can get it except Ward.

2. deyell

deyell MOLECULE FROM HELL. Full Member

Aug 10, 2015
    None of that is irrelevant, you just ignore that because it doesn't support your agenda.

And yes Golovkin didn't want to fight Ward, because his priority was staying at 160 to fight Canelo Alvarez, which is about 10 times more lucrative than fighting Ward who is not a draw. You always talk about money, yet you refuse to factor that in, simply because you want to bash GGG by claiming that he was scared of Ward.

3. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Where was the will to stay at 160 when he was talking about going up to fight Froch and JCC Jr?

4. deyell

deyell MOLECULE FROM HELL. Full Member

Aug 10, 2015
    He mostly talked about those two potential fights before the Cotto - Canelo fight was announced when Froch was active (Froch retired in July 2015).

5. Jeremy Kyle

Jeremy Kyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Regardless of what ever floyd has said about GGG, floyd believes hes the best he said exactly what i would expect him to say. I expect floyd to say the same thing when hes 50, that's just floyd

Regardless of this stop acting like you genuinely expect 40 year old that has been retired for 2 years. to move up 2 weight classes to fight the reigning champion. There is no other 40 year old retired boxer anybody would expect to do this, Its ridiculous, nobody would demand this from anybody but floyd,

manex and Pimp C like this.
  6. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Do you know that GGG would likely stop Floyd (at any point in Floyd's career) inside 5 rounds? I'd predict TKO3.

S.K, Todd498 and BCS8 like this.
  7. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Floyd has brought this on himself because of all his taunting and self centered promotion. He's never beaten a great fighter in their prime or even fought one. So we hold guys who are held in such esteem to higher standards. If he would just STFU and stop calling himself TBE then maybe we could get around the fact that he never fought anybody like Duran, Leonard, Arguello, Pryor, etc.

But nah, he won't STFU and he never has. Floyd has invited all the criticism and higher standards. Because he just will not STFU.

alexland, Todd498 and BCS8 like this.
  8. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    While I think Floyd and Golovkin should never fight because there's simply too much weight difference between them, I agree with Todd that Floyd should zip the lip and not talk sht about a guy that (a) he can't beat and (b) never intends fighting. This is the same as Golovkin saying he'd school Usyk or Gassiev "easy" but, well, he couldn't make Cruiser, y'all know that :rolleyes: Mayweather is embarrassing himself.

Todd498 likes this.
  9. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Ward never wanted that work and still doesn't want it.

alexland and Todd498 like this.
  10. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Oh, how I wish I could believe that.

What's going to happen is that Conor and Floyd are going to mug all the noobs and (much as I hate to say this) clueless MMA fans that think Conor has a chance and ride home in a solid gold stretch limo fitted with champagne jacuzzi (complete with 12 hoes) and porta-potty dispensing pre-softened 100 dollar bills for wiping their asses with.

Floyd's problem with Golovkin is very simple:

Golovkin is the guy that he wishes he'd been, boxing wise.

The destroyer that nobody wants to fight, the guy that makes anybody within his weightclass brown themselves if they have to spar him. Golovkin's dance card is always fcking empty. Floyd did very well for himself financially, but boxingwise, nobody was scared to fight him. Hell, get powderpuffed all night and leave with a career high payday? Dudes were probably breaking each other's legs to get into line to fight Floyd.

Now Floyd is basically retired, he's missing the limelight and Golovkin is taking over as the star of the moment. Floyd's organised a fight that the hard core boxing fan knows is an utter joke, he knows that one of his best wins in Canelo is getting creamed in September, and he's feeling the twinge of injured pride.

That's what this is about.

11. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    ^^^^:clapclap::clap::clap2: Bingo:thumbsup: I'd give this 10 likes if I could. Very well put.

BCS8 likes this.
  12. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Nope! He has way more class than that. He does his talking in the ring.

13. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Is this scumbag going to rematch jacob anytime? or is he going to run scared?. Floyd rematched everybody that was rematch worthy. And this scumbag? what's he going to do?

14. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Jacobs got schooled and he's going to have to wait his turn to get paddled again.

15. chacal

chacal F*** the new normal Full Member

Jun 21, 2015
    Schooled? rofl... you are funny, guy.