TUF Finale

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Tko4, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Wilhelm

Wilhelm Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    His punches did NOT look as quick. Not nearly.

2. SweetScienceFan

SweetScienceFan Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    Pulver is not past his best by any means. In reality the sport is passing him by just as it has many guys who had success a few years ago. The sport evolves so fast, that unless you evolve with it your reign is going to be very short.

3. BewareofDawg

BewareofDawg P4P Champ Full Member

Apr 8, 2006
    Jesus ****ing christ!!! are we really gonna do this???? Do you honestly think Jens Pulver is "past his prime"? Why? :patsch

4. Hrak

Hrak Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2006
    I knew Pulver would lose as soon as I saw BJ dominating the stand up. I was impressed with Pulvers defence when BJ had him on the mount, but ultimately, Pulver had to many cards stacked against him. He was too small for Penn, he was older and BJ was just a better fighter at that point in both fighters careers. Bring on Parisyan Vs. Penn, now Id like to see that.

5. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    He has suffered 3 pretty bad KO's, things like that can **** with a guys mind. I have faith in him though.

6. alewaboy52

alewaboy52 Member Full Member

Sep 17, 2004
    i think people just have to remember with pulver is the people hes lost to before his second fight with penn were no joke, he lost to sakurai, gomi and louzon, those are all legitimate A level fighters in the 155lb. division, i know louzon hasnt really been heard of but hese 14-3 thats a good record for mma and hes looked solid everytime ive seen him fight

7. bigG

bigG Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2006
    bj penn is just very very good......aint that enough.....

8. alewaboy52

Sep 17, 2004
    it should be, and for all of us here in hawaii, it is

9. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Oh theres no doubt he lost to the best, but he still got hurt prety badly, especially against Mach and Gomi, who are both 20-30lbs bigger than him naturally. But again, BJ is just that good, I don't think it mattered what Penn would have been in there that night, but Jens has been damaged a bit as a fighter.

10. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Pulver is past his prime.This guy has been in the sport for a while and has won and lost against some of the best lightweights in MMA. Pulver has great hands and his take down defense isnt that bad either but when i saw him against Lauzon he lost a step badly.

11. alewaboy52

Sep 17, 2004
    oh dont get me wrong, i was just trying to show how good of a fighter pulver still is and that hes actually a bit underrated and the way bj handled him is a testament to just how good bj really is, in my opinion bj pretty much more or less has no business what so ever losing to anyone fighting at 170 or lower

12. bigG

bigG Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2006
    just watched the finale show last night.....obsevations......pulver was classy in defeat, bj is an amazing mma fighter....regarless if gray was ko, emerson tapped.....gray shoulda won the fight...he was winning it handily anyhow.....and what a shame for manny....diaz should make his first fight a rematch with the pocket pit bull, and he will get his ass kicked...again......

13. yogster740

yogster740 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 9, 2006
    BJ was clearly winning the fight, but Pulver was pullin his own. If the fight went further BJ could have gassed, as he has in some of his other fights, and who knows. That could have been part of Pulvers strategy to weather the early storm and come on late.....just my 2 cents.

14. Nuke

Nuke Full Length Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2005
    If Hughes can win the belt out cold against Newton then Maynard should of won a non-title match being out.