Tyrone Everett

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Noel857, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Richard M Murrieta and Jel like this.
  2. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    What a fantastic talent he was, Tyrone Everett. I still believe that he defeated The Snake Man, WBC Junior Lightweight Champion Alfredo Escalera. I am not qualified to officiate a bout but it was obvious that Everett won the fight and the title. It is very sad that he later lost his life.

Noel857 likes this.
  3. Pepsi Dioxide

Pepsi Dioxide Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2020
    Interesting looking at Tress' judging record. That was his last fight hr judged and he had been judging since at least 1930. He also judged Ezzard Charles vs Harold Johnson in 53 and Like Williams vs Bob Montgomery in 44.

Noel857, Jel and Richard M Murrieta like this.
  4. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    I’ll piggyback this to further recommend Peltz’s book.

Great stories of Philadelphia’s boxing heyday. And the man kept meticulous records — including how much he made (or lost) to the penny on each show. Fond memories of the Blue Horizon and of the Philly middleweights and so many more.

I think he goes out of his way in some cases to say ‘yeah I admit I messed that up’ and rarely ego trips to thump his own chest.

I can’t imagine a boxing fan not liking it. Not only did I read and enjoy it, I gave a copy to my brother for Christmas and he loved it.

5. Cobra33

Cobra33 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 2, 2006
    I will tell you another boxer that was a little similar and reminded me a little of Tyrone - Anthony Fletcher - who I really thought was going to be a champion.

Noel857 likes this.