"Tyson Fury" and his chances of Heavyweight Glory

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ElCep, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Abertawe

Abertawe Guest

Make no bones, Fury riled up Cunningham to the point he came to the ring like a machine. I heard something happened to his daughter too, USS left EVERYTHING in the ring last night.

Fury fought a shocking fight, he needs to understand he's giving away his height advantage by fighting close. He was fighting in a range that was ideal for an overhand right, that is just about the prime shot for the likes of Cunningham/Haye ie anyone giving away a few inches to a tall man such as Fury. Fighting to a game plan ie Cunningham, he becomes a very difficult man to beat. His mental state is key to whether he could mix it with higher competition, last night he was far from right mentally. If Peter can get into his head and get him boxing properly he's a sure fire bet to win a world title. That's a fact.

Young, powerful, good chin, heart, bravery, aggression, height, weight, jab, entertainment, talk. He possesses the lot, I accept he has massive flaws but only he has the ability to change that by getting his head straight. He can overcome his defence by fighting long, it's easily honed.

2. supremo

supremo Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Tyson Fury is a horrible ******* and I can't wait till he gets sparkled the first time he fights someone half decent. I missed the ring walks last night but I heard he came out to "the boys of the old brigade" a song that celebrates joining the IRA- he is from Manchester- the IRA bombed Manchester, yet he comes out to an IRA sing in a country that has suffered from a terrorist attack that week. Scum bag.

3. ElCep

ElCep Guest

Doesn't surprise me :verysad

4. fra

fra Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 11, 2008
    :lol:

scottish cockhead:good

5. Manning

Manning Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    I suppose you think the French Resistance were "terrorists" as well. Thick ****.

6. fra

Jan 11, 2008
    hes an orange ******* just laugh at him:good

7. Primadonna Kool

Primadonna Kool Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 5, 2006
    Tyson Fury does not have the athleticism or technically ability to beat USS from distance, that is why he resorted to his main advantage..? to impose his size and strength upon USS. Tyson Fury is not the same kind of athlete some of the past super-heavyweights are, Bowe, Lewis, Kiltschko etc I saw genetic problems last night. Tyson Fury faced his first in condition, athletic and technically gifted fighter "A 6"3 210 fighter"..? and had to resort to plan z after round 1. When David Haye fought Wladimir Kiltschko, the size was not his only problem because..? Wladimir Kiltschko is a gifted athlete.

"Tyson Fury was piping up before the fight, that he is a super-heavyweight"..

I agree with Nazim Richardson, some of these big guys are just winning fights because they are big.

You keep saying he should fight long, just because your 6"9 does not mean you can beat all old school heavyweights by fighting long. Tyson Fury was able to fight that kind of fight against Johnson because Johnson is fat, and not the athlete USS is.

Tyson Fury may not be in the same realm athletically and genetically as Kiltschko's, but he can fight! Boxing and fighting are two different things. That was a fight last night, a real fight.

I think if Tyson Fury runs into David Haye, he will be derailed.

I think he is beaten by Wladimir Kiltschko aswell.

8. Jack

Jack Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Regardless of what you think about that whole political issue, the IRA are not defensible and the only people who support them are ****s. They are murdering scum whose intention was not unity but to keep themselves in a position of power by pushing both sides as far away from peace as possible. They have blood on their hands, both Irish and British, so **** them. They're no better than Al-Qaeda, FARC or any other piece of **** terrorist group.

9. supremo

supremo Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 15, 2009
  10. richard mossley

richard mossley Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2009
    Still that's not bad, you can only name 2 fighters in the world who you think could beat him. I give him a good chance against Haye.

11. Manning

Manning Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
  12. ArseBandit

ArseBandit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    It's not about the provos you stupid ****ers. Learn some ****ing history.

13. Mugsy

Mugsy Guest

Utter bull**** from clueless muppets

Furys song is an old Irish folk/rebel song about the 1916 rising and Ireland getting independence, its a COMPLETELY different thing than to what your suggesting.

To think some mug that by his own account didnt hear the song, see the entrance or probably the fight comes on here slagging Fury off about something he clealy knows **** all about is pathetic.

14. fra

Jan 11, 2008
    balls u no nothing about it..only the shite u have been spoon fed by ur ultra biased media

they were trying 2 take out the UDA headquaters above the fish shop [which they did] ... they shouted warnings but the bomb went off killing begley and injuring kelly:good

15. Abertawe

Abertawe Guest

He hones fighting long = He minimises the risk of get clocked early.

We saw that once Fury gathered his head he had too much for Cunningham. Had he taken the right approach he wouldn't have found himself open to getting dropped, once Fury can take a smaller guy past 6 rounds the odds on him stepping it up & getting the finish shorten considerably.

Because of Tyson's stupidity we didn't get to see whether he can fight a slick guy such as USS. He spent at least three rounds recovering from near disaster. Once he overcame that he had far too much. I expect him to beat Pulev at a canter, providing the behind the scenes issues are sorted and his mentality is right.