Tyson Fury coming back in May

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Lil Niall, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Lil Niall

Lil Niall Active Member Full Member

Mar 12, 2011
    This content is protected

I know we have heard it before but the sooner he is back the better.

2. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    No he wont.

He is just p*ssed off reading in the media what a brave warrior Haye was, and like the classless disgraced drug cheat lowlife he is, has to try and do something to get the spotlight as he can't stand Haye getting it.

3. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I hope he is training in Jamaica or somewhere else the drug testers are not going to be, because he will need to be on some weight loss kit to shift that timber he has added since retirement.

I know Usain Bolt and athletics Jamaica have some good dealers they can recommend.

lawslaw likes this.
  4. BaronSamedi

BaronSamedi Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 9, 2015
    May seems far too soon

Unless all the recent pictures that have come out are actually older ones, he looks insanely out of shape in the pictures i have recently seen

A July return sounds more plausible

5. Smithson

Smithson Active Member Full Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Why is warren promoting this when it's on the same night as the big card he's put on in Leeds???

Fury will not be in any sort of good shape in 11 weeks he's about 24 stone.

Has anyone heard if peter fury will be training him?? I seen someone posted somewhere that he isn't involved not sure if just rumours

6. NickHow1982

NickHow1982 Member Full Member

May 22, 2011
    I was wondering that myself regarding the recent photo of him. The photo of him apparently in a kebab shop shows him to have put some serious weight on.

Who would likely be the opponents he'd be working on?
    Wilder?

7. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    He'll probably fight some no mark IF (and it's a big one) he is coming back. Then don't be surprised if he goes for Ortiz. As good as Ortiz is/probably is he is pretty easy work for a fleet footed Fury if you ask me. That win would put him right back up there.

Maybe he could coax Price into one last fight

8. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    He'll need 6 weeks just to get the weight off.

9. Legend X

Legend X Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Yeah, Tyson Fury is really jealous. He wishes he was the one to lose to Tony Bellew.

DavidJames likes this.
  10. welshjason

welshjason Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2015
    I think it's more to do with him being pissed off that boxing has moved on from him and others are getting the attention he craves. boxing has forgotten Tyson Fury and long may it continue

11. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    He will likely fight someone in the WBO top 15- looking at records Razvan Cojanu would fit the bill.

12. Legend X

Legend X Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2005
    It's interesting how so many boxing fans is the UK especially are keen for Tyson Fury to stay away from the game.
    He's the only proven elite heavyweight the UK has had since Lennox Lewis retired, he's one of the few real world champions we've had in any weight class in recent years. Anthony Joshua may well be good enough to get to that level too but he's not there yet.

I guess boxing has become so messed up by sanctioning bodies, broadcasters and promoters that fans these days can't tell the difference.

13. EastLondonDan

EastLondonDan Active Member Full Member

Aug 6, 2009
    He looked very big in early December when he walked Billy Joe Saunders into the ring in Glasgow, and if the photos that we saw last month was taken after December, then I think we are looking beyond July for a return. Personally, I think if there is a comeback (I don't think he will), it won't happen this side of Christmas.

14. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    You have to take everything he says with a pinch of salt, I agree with Welshjason, I think he's just desperate for some attention amongst all these big fights that have been going on since he stoped boxing. One day he wants to be a world champion again, the next he can't be bothered. I don't expect to see him in the ring this year & maybe not ever again. One good win against Wlad and he thinks he's a legend, there were so many big fights out there for him to create a great legacy but he blew it because he's not dedicated to the sport.

15. Hankey89

Hankey89 Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2016
    I hope he does come back and in good shape, because he would comfortably outbox AJ for 12 rounds, or get brutally KO, but would be entertaining... and with Vladimir old and past it, who else is left.