Tyson Fury free to resume boxing career

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by carlingeight, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Fury still isn't highly regarded as a boxer if you listen to some of the donkey's on here and social media. When Fury struggled with McDermott he was in his early twenties and without Peter. Peter completely changed his style and Tyson literally grew from boy to man. The transformation makes a lot of sense.

Fury beat Klit on pure boxing ability. He's an outstanding boxer. PED's can make you fitter, faster and stronger, but they can't give you elite boxing ability. Tyson clear as day has elite boxing ability.

pow and moog like this.
  2. CathyBarry

CathyBarry Active Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Fury would argue a black crow is white! I want him on jeremy kyle to see if he can pass these lie detector machines.

lawslaw and Britbox77 like this.
  3. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    If Hughie has pissed hot then he needs to ask for a refund from his drug dealer, because there was no evidence of him being on any PEDs in his career. You would not back him to beat many of the guys now surfacing at the top in the British HW scene.

4. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    This is great news...

However I just done see how a man goes from 18-19 stone up to 30 over 2 years and without boxing then suddenly gets back down to weight and beats the undisputed world champion.

This could be a fairytale or an absolute tragedy.

5. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    This whole thing is a mess. All this outcome says is that we still don't know if he is truly guilty of knowingly taking it or not. I think it's a cop out from UKAD knowing they could get sued. Meet us half way and get your license back, basically

6. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Yeah, it's a huge ask. He needs to not rush the fight, basically. I forget he isn't even 30 yet so he can get back to some kind of shape but I personally think he shouldn't be going for AJ until 2019. There really is no rush

7. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    This is what Tyson does. He's a walking contradiction. He doesn't even try to stay consistent, he just says whatever comes into his head at the time.

It's great in a fight build-up, he does it all with such charisma it's hard not to be entertained. It's not so great when dealing with a serious drug trial.

Fingers crossed we start to hear him talk about fighting more.

8. carlingeight

May 15, 2016
    His voice is starting to sound better in his recent videos - it's got to be linked to his weight. We probably can't overstate just how badly he takes care of himself.

Kapparino likes this.
  9. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    Does anyone know what the story is with the Furys and Hennessy? Tyson now with mtk and looks to be Warren too? But releases on ukad from Hennessy?

10. LondonRingRules

LondonRingRules Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Hennessy is likely bankrupt after the Hughie/Parker YouTube fiasco.

Kapparino and Scyson like this.
  11. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Tyson needs to just fight about 3 bums in the next 6 months. Get a few 6 rounders in until June/July and effectively stay in camp for 6 months with the odd week off. Then in the summer fight a David Price. Then maybe a Dillian Whyte and the end of the year. Go for AJ in 2019 as said above.

12. carlingeight

May 15, 2016
    This content is protected

Grooveongreg and Kapparino like this.
  13. kasabian19

kasabian19 Active Member Full Member

Jun 23, 2007
    One of the most asinine comments I've seen on here. LMAO.

14. Chuck Wepner

Chuck Wepner Member Full Member

May 10, 2016
    I still can't believe that they actually used the wild boar defence especially after Fwank said it was rubbish and they had never claimed that. I mentioned this in March to illustrate what a ridiculous set of circumstances would be needed to cause a failed test without injecting etc. Truly unbelievable.

Heisenberg and lawslaw like this.
  15. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Cringe....