Tyson fury is the complete package!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mccoy28, Jun 15, 2019.

1. jhar26

jhar26 Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Don't bite my nose off (I know that we're only supposed to ridicule oponents and those that beat them for beating them), but Fury looked great.

2. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Geez Wilder gets away with defending his title against bum after bum some of which made him look silly for a few rounds yet Fury goes out and put on a clinic against a Wilder type opponent his bois get on here putting Fury down...

rski, Ironmanmt and jhar26 like this.
  3. jhar26

jhar26 Member Full Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Well, the're not really "bums." The're usually decent fighters with a great record against less than elite fighters - but not bums.

4. smiffyinoz

smiffyinoz Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Fury fanboys reaching new heights of delusion. Schwarz is terrible and it was nothing more than an exhibition fight

Sephiroth Rising 7 and evander40 like this.
  5. gerryb

gerryb Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    He got knocked down twice,2nd time just beat the count with nothing to spare,no way did he win that fight. I like fury but lets just wait until he fights someone in the top ten.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  6. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Tyson did perform well. He entertained gave a lot of goofy facial expressions, switch hit, effective jab, nasty uppercut, dropped his hands and avoided what? 4 or 5 punches nonstop. How does a guy that big of a target look so elusive? Well Schwartz who is no great---- did throw accurate shots, but I credit Fury for making him miss & not just throwing bad shots.

Yes it was a mismatch, but Fury showed the disparity in skill from start to early finish with a bloody nosed contender wanting no more.

With that being said, Fury is punking himself by not fighting either Wilder, AJ or Ruiz. Beating Povetkin or Pulev or Whyte proves what?

rski likes this.
  7. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    I thought this was a bit of a joke as A fight but am glad Fury got him out quickly rather than a painful embarrassing decision playing about. I find it hard to be too critical of him choosing a soft touch considering he did fight one of the big 3 his last fight. But another one of those and he will get some deserved criticism. It’s clear Joshua fought the stiffest challenge recently, but he didn’t have that epic fight in December so that’s probably fair enough.

Fury looked decent though which he obviously would against that opposition but it’s clear wilder will have his hands full, the movement, quick counters are not going away as a problem for him, his power and speed setting it up is his only real strength. Being unbiased I can only see fury outboxing wilder again possibly pushing for a stoppage this time. I think this weight thing with wilder won’t make any difference, he just can’t adapt to a boxer like Fury.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Ironmanmt likes this.
  8. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Wilder's choice of opposition is downright "elite" compared to the bums Fury is fighting. Praising him for his "skills" is ridiculous in these circus fights.

9. Tramell

Tramell Hypocrites Love to Pray & Be Seen. Mathew 6:5 Full Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Some months ago I predicted and still hold to it that Wilder in a rematch will not be that aggressive. Since then, he's made that statement. So I'm not sure if he doesnt take the lead, then how much action will we see?

I think punch stats was pretty accurate listing Fury out-landing Wilder 84-71 overall.
    Now if there was a schooling it would have been Fury vs Wlad where he out landed 86-52. A disparity of 30 versus 13 over Wilder.

These are outright pathetic numbers. We'd be hard pressed to name any fight in the history of the HW division where someone was called a skilled technician, tactician, master boxer averaging less than 8 punches landed per round in their 2 biggest fights.
    Again:
    84 against Wilder
    86 against Wladimir.

As nice as Fury's feints, counters and over ability is, one has to admit that he has rarely if ever been pushed to the point of testing his endurance.

madballster likes this.
  10. evander40

evander40 Member banned Full Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Tom Schwarz was only there to make Fury look good, it's like Liverpool playing Morecambe FC you know what the result is gonna be , your only as good as your opponent's, Fury needs to stop fighting bums and get in the ring with someone like Dillian Whyte and as for the Rocky shorts and singing to his wife that was cheap and embarrassing, oh and when the commentator said ' Did you ever think you'd see the day when the heavyweight champion of the world would grab the microphone and sing Aerosmith ?
    It sounded like i was listening to the WWE and he is not the heavyweight champion of the world !
    Thank God i didn't pay for this Top Rank garbage!

11. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Breazeale is def much better than Schwarz and wilder knocked him out cold. Fury couldn’t do same to schwarz

Almish and Sephiroth Rising 7 like this.
  12. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Brezeale who went to sleep vs. Deontay would have destroyed Schwarz last night.

gdm and lewis gassed like this.
  13. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    After his last performance do you guys still feel the same about Fury being the "complete package'?

14. MyHairlineIsGone

MyHairlineIsGone New Member banned Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    Tyson Fury has it all. A ugly face, a horrible looking body. No skills in the ring, a glass chin, no punching power and out of the ring he is clown. Long live Tyson Fury.

Aydamn likes this.
  15. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    I must say I think this holds true now. Tyson has boxing skills and also the brawling mentality. Still didn't think he would have been able to stop Wilder. Definitely a more complete fighter than I thought.