TYSON FURY "MASSIVE DEAL ANNOUCEMENT"

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Azza43, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Gymbot

Gymbot Active Member Full Member

Mar 8, 2017
    If Tyson is serious about coming back, the only promoter that makes sense is Eddie Hearn. BJS has been schmoozing Hearn lately as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if they both sign with him. Eddie has been alluding to a huge announcement. That would give him lots of nice options with Price/Povetkin, Whyte/Brown, Haye/Bellew 2 winners, Jarrell Miller and ultimately the winner of Wilder/Joshua if Joshua gets past Parker.

I can't see what options he would have if he signs with Frank. Maybe Frank can entice Wilder or even Parker if he beats Joshua (both long shots). Otherwise there aren't that many options or him, particularly if he wants to get back to the top quickly. Hearn holds all the cards at the moment.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Probably better at the York Hall to ensure his fight sells out - the Wlad stonker is still fresh in people's minds

3. Azza43

Azza43 Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2018
    the arena was full?

4. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    It really didn't appear that way on TV. Not sure if anyone else watching agrees, looked far from sold out to me

5. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    The AJ card is the trump card but if Fury's comeback is serious and AJ beats Wilder, then it doesn't matter who Fury is with because that's all there is left to make. Assuming he doesn't look absolutely awful.

Potwash likes this.
  6. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    You underestimate the People's Champion. Depends on the opponent of course and a decent card. I think he should fight Takam as the comeback.

7. FloydWillnever

FloydWillnever Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Fury is more popular now, than he was after he beat Klitschko. He'd sell the Manchester Arena out for a comeback fight now, but couldn't for the rematch back then. It's important to remember that fat greedy Mick tried to charge £2000 for ringside tickets to the rematch.

PaulButlersMum likes this.
  8. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Not only that i think back of the floor area was £500 and most of the tiered seats were £80-100 plus. If it was priced like a Matchroom MEN show it would have sold out even with Mick promoting!!

PaulButlersMum likes this.
  9. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Fury is milking his comeback on social media more than Eddie milks AJ

10. PaulButlersMum

PaulButlersMum COME ON PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! banned Full Member

Oct 13, 2013
    Bellew or Povetkin would do 30k no problem. Maybe even Dillian Whyte, casuals know him.

11. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    He is going with Hearn and Hearn will put him in front of Wilder, because he doesnt want to put his cash cow at risk. Even if its a small risk in his mind, he knows Wilder could cold KO his cash cow.

12. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Earn with hearn.

That said have a feeling his comeback fight will be on under card of elland road fight.

13. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    This. People have forgotten how dull Fury fights are... and now he's the mythical lineal champ, able to clown everyone in the division after two years out and 7 stone of extra blubber. I like the guy and think he is good, but until the WK fight itself his stock was middling, and his performances were very hit and miss. I still feel Klitchko had an awful night against Fury and that he would have won a rematch.

Scissors likes this.
  14. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    I think eddie is going to sign him.

He needs some sort of angle to prevent AJ vs Wilder so he will sign fury and build that fight hoping people forget about wilder

15. 2fast2fury

2fast2fury Member Full Member

Jan 12, 2018
    I've got tickets to saunders murray and I would be made up if he was on that card - I don't see it though. I think he will ultimately sign with Uncle Frank though