Tyson Fury next opponent?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by pow, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Maybe deep down Fury didn’t fancy fighting Wilder again. Not calling him a ducker or
    anything as he had the balls to face him the first time, but feeling that kind of power must put doubts in your mind. I remember hearing that his Missus was also going to be applying pressure for him to fight Deontay again after being left traumatised by the 12 round.

Pez, SambaKing1993 and chico g like this.
  2. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Terrible news for fans.

Tyson has ashed out rather than chase the belts. Won't personally blame him for that but its so disappointing.

His biggest fight in the UK is....Chisora?

305th likes this.
  3. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Fury signing with Top Rank throws a huge spanner into the works. Haymon & Top Rank don't get on. If that is what stops the rematch from happening, that's on Fury. I'm not a Wilder fan in the slightest but that's how I see it.

Pez, Smudge_ and cfckieran like this.
  4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Well they are the one who will be expected to pay for all this shite. **** all 3 of them.

ashishwarrior likes this.
  5. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    But two of them have been way more vocal about how easy theses fights are to make
    Shitting pants etc etc now this lol
    For the fans it's what the fans deserve ha ha

Jojojojo likes this.
  6. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I just can't see the wilder fight getting made now. I suppose it depends on the purse split. I'm not sure if it's the standard champion/challenger which iirc for wbc is 75/25 or if it's going off contracts written up before wilder v fury 1.
    The only chance I see is, if it's a 50/50 split, then maybe Bob Arum/Frank Warren (as this is now a joint venture), will bid.
    Otherwise if the % is in wilders favour, that potentially gives Al Haymon more bidding power.
    I can't see Warren & Arum letting fury fight on Al Haymon/Showtime.

7. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    If the others have deals looking out for their commercial interests then why can’t fury?

No reason why fight doesn’t go to purse bids.

Furey, Sphillips and Mr Icaman like this.
  8. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Nobody is blameless in all this. On the flip side it's nice to see investment in boxing but unfortunately this is what it leads to.

9. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Maybe, but I just don't trust Fury. In regards to AJ, Fury has said he's not bothered if the AJ fight even happens. I think Fury wants to milk his fame which is at its peak right now imo. I could be wrong though, the Wilder fight could still happen as purse bids could get called.

Tazz likes this.
  10. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    That's what I've been saying all along. Fury will probably fight Pulev now I reckon. Makes sense, because of Hughie's loss. And gets a title shot against Joshua. He don't want that smoke with Deontay, same reason he didn't want to rematch Wlad. He's a KO waiting to happen. I give him credit for what he's done though. He's a over achiever, and this will prolong his career. Big payout in the UK until he's taken apart by the bodybuilder.

11. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I don’t see why Pulev would risk his payday and world title shot to face Fury. Piles is next, he’s got nothing to gain and it all to lose by facing Fury.

12. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Great quote that, mate. Totally agree.

BigStiffIdiot, Aydamn and Unforgiven like this.
  13. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Wasn't sure what to make of this deal but after seeing it's 80 million over five fights, excluding what he'll make off gate money + UK TV, it makes total sense. That's massive money, "Anthony Joshua money" as some on here like to say. Guaranteed as well.

Tazz, Unforgiven and 305th like this.
  14. Fhaggis

Fhaggis Active Member Full Member

Oct 12, 2016
    Does anyone actually care who fury, wilder or AJs next opponent is unless it's either fury, wilder or AJ?

They can sign all the to deals they want but if they don't fight anyone worth fighting then it will all be for nothing!'

Fight you mandatory challengers if you have to but make the big fights and cut all the bull****. The miller fight was made months ago when the fat man "crashed" an Aj press conference. It was beautiful how fury v Wilder was made, no bill, no fake crap, fight was just announced.

Fury v Wilder was just made with out ANY of the crap associated with a matchroom card, fake beefs etc and look at the respect they both gained and the abjure Aj got... but boxing does what I does best and continually rapes itself.

305th likes this.
  15. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Being that it's going to be in America I think it will have to be a domestic fighter so something along the lines of Jennings, Ruiz, Bryan, Arreola or Washington seem about the right range.

Have also noted the Oliver McCall is back in the ring at 53 and Tyson has called out Briggs and Tarver before but unlikely ESPN would want to see him in exhibitions type bouts paying that kind of money.