Tyson Fury now says he has no interest in fighting "middleweight" Oleksandr Usyk

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Perkin Warbeck, Nov 17, 2022.

1. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Yes.

I don’t think he can live a single week in the same mindset.

2. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Fury is a big chicken with avian flu. No shock here.

fencik45 likes this.
  3. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Formal diagnosis of bipolar disorder?
    So suicide watch for a decent period of time you say?

Suicide watch can mean anything, threaten it in police cell you get watched, threaten it in prison you get watched, a buddy threatening self harm through drink/drugs or emotion you watch them., none of which means necessarily you have a formal diagnosis of bipolar disorder.

Now if you are suggesting he was as you put it on suicide watch as you put it, in a mental health facility i would welcome more info.

I am always happy to learn the facts, always willing to admit my error if i have made a statement that is formally proven to be inaccurate.

Loudon likes this.
  4. KernowWarrior

Jul 12, 2012
    Formal diagnosis with bipolar disorder?, i have not seen proof of that, however it may be fact.

Formal diagnosis of bipolar disorder is not a mild thing, it often involves serious medications, like anti psychotics, lithium and anti convulsants, and if as is being suggested he is even now "rapid cycling" or swinging between both mood poles quickly, then in my experience he would be on medication, and these medications cannot just be stopped and started at a whim, say for training camp or when he decides to kick taxis while drunk on holiday.

I reiterate i welcome the facts and if my viewpoint is indeed proven incorrect then i will willingly admit it.

Loudon likes this.
  5. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He went to a phyc who diagnosed him with bipolar disorder and anxiety, said he was an imminent suicide risk.

Fury has refused treatment in the form of medication, which many agree with myself included.

I can give you name of the phyc, you won't see formal proof because that's against ethical code.

If you cant see 12 years of him in the public eye and see the proof in front of your own eyes then your e just in denial

6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    That yellow streak of **** from Tuscaloosa is a bum slaying bum

AJ been beating real fighters while that bum has been on his bum of the decade tour

fencik45 likes this.
  7. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I do believe it

Every true boxing fan loves Usyk

How could they not?

Unfortunately there are a lot of fake fans out there and these are the ones who hate on Usyk

8. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    The anti-psychotic drugs (phenothiazines) do more harm than good. They often have horrible side effects such as tardive dyskinesia, and cause gradual brain and liver damage. He would not be able to box very well on those drugs, his reflexes would be too slow.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-su...-route-rectal-route/side-effects/drg-20070394

I knew a guy who was a straight "A" student in high school, got diagnosed as schizophrenic at about age 20, was prescribed those drugs and after about ten years, was indistinguishable from someone who is developmentally disabled.

So Fury made the right decision to not take the psychiatric drugs.

Col Mortimer likes this.
  9. KernowWarrior

Jul 12, 2012
    So you are party to the name of the psychiatrist? ok

So to clarify you say he is formally diagnosed with Bipolar disorder, the disorder being enough that he was going to kill himself, and that he still "rapidly cycles"/has extreme swings between both mood poles, if this last point is so, then that would suggest he is acutely unwell, plus with added point that he refuses medication for this.

Yet the boxing authorities allow a boxer as described above to partake in the sport at the top level, to get hit in the head by very powerful punches, possibly be willing die at the hands of his opponent if mood is at that level, if in manic phase he could well be unable to even comply with boxing rules, the boxer might not even turn up for the fight if manic or too depressed, if this is so then there are serious questions to be asked of these authorities, his team etc

I am not in denial, as said i base my view in this case on facts, and if i held the viewpoint you hold about his ongoing formally diagnosed acutely mood swinging bipolar disorder which you see as facts, i sure as hell would not be wanting him to be fighting at anytime of the 12 years that you state, or indeed are you the one in denial?.

10. KernowWarrior

Jul 12, 2012
    Have you seen unmedicated acutely ill schizophrenics?
    Phenothiazines in fact are not the anti psychotics of choice nowadays.

11. MixedMartialLaw

MixedMartialLaw combat sports enthusiast Full Member

Jun 30, 2021
    Fury has screwed himself even if he ever takes the fight and wins as he'll have only beat a "middle weight" to become undisputed.

12. KernowWarrior

Jul 12, 2012
    Do you agree that "a mentally ill person" (your phrase meaning currently suffering mental illness), who is suffering extreme swings of mood, should be allowed to enter the combat arena to receive possibly 36 minutes of punches to the head, all for others fun and entertainment? If so then i would suggest that was deserving of a trip to hell, using a acutely mentally ill person for entertainment purposes.

I am of the view that IF Fury currently has the mental health condition that has been stated he has, and he is still suffering the regular extreme swings in mood that he is reported to be having, in addition to allegedly refusing to take prescribed medication for that serious condition, then i think that he should not be fighting in competitive boxing.

13. Entaowed

Entaowed Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Most people tolerate your disturbingly extreme hero worshiping & put downs & make allowances for your limitations.
    But now you have deteriorated to relishing your hero even if he runs away from facing a fighter he unfairly impugns?
    Who most agree is much better than Fury-at least as a person.
    And even has more charisma.

Do yourself a favor & at least leave politics out of it.
    Zelensky is a legimitate defender or his Democracy & his nation being illegally obliterated.
    Classic psychopath Putin is already responsible for 100's of thousands of deaths, untold suffering, international grain/food & fuel shortages-& for a
    This content is protected
    economic downturn.

Insane over-identification with sports figures is one sad thing.
    Trying to love the bullies & fascists of the world by attacking those who rally the whole world & successfully oppose them is much much worse. :nusenuse:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    fencik45 and bandeedo like this.
  14. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Yes, I worked on a psychiatric ward some years ago, on the hospital's psychiatric assessment ward. Actually, most of the people admitted were not unmanageable without drugs and were cooperative, but were given drugs anyway. The psychiatrists seemed like control freaks, and would look for an excuse to give them drugs. Part of my job was to hold the patients down while they were given injections of drugs like haloperidol.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely, once diagnosed as mentally ill the patients are at the whims of the doctors, who want to get them into the system to become long-term patients to help with their own long-term job security. Some of the doctors and staff were exceedingly callous (some even cruel) and lacked empathy, and seemed drunk with the power they had over the patients.

There were a few patients in very bad condition when they came in, but the drugs just seemed to cause them to sleep a lot and sit around and stare.

Working there was a horrifying experience, I didn't stay at that job for very long.

I'm not a fan of Fury, but I hope never goes on psychiatric drugs - they would ruin his life.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
  15. Pierre_Coetzer

Pierre_Coetzer Member Full Member

Sep 28, 2022
    I do like Fury... But he makes it really hard at times.... He is literally one of the most inconsistent people alive.... And on top of it has a massive public forum.... His autobiography / biography will be interesting one day... and the movie

He mentioned before the injustice it would be not to fight Joshua... Same goes with Usyk.... It's what everyone wants.