Tyson Fury on Anthony Joshua: 'He's only for cleaning Gyms, if you want an easy win - fight him.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CroBox29, Sep 19, 2023.

1. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Mmm sure bro. The guy that calls me a Fury fanboy yet literally 99.9% of your posts mention Fury and suck Usyk off at the same time. You have to laugh. Thats whats going to be remembered. Nobody cares about a one off i made, and with the way you present yourself I might as well be right.

Although Sprav, have you even listed a single credible reason as to why Fury needs to fight aj ?

2. Thunderstorm

Thunderstorm Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 24, 2022
    joshua is the most overrated fighter in recent history

hes struggling with tune up opponents these are fights you are supposed destroy your opponent with ease and look good LOL

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  3. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    7 rounds with Helenius lmao

4. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Saying Aj doesn't deserve it more than mere contenders is disingenuous. He's a former World Champ. And that has always been a level that generally keeps you above the also-rans who have yet to reach that level. And regarding Joyce, he got the living daylights beaten out of him from Zhang. And BTW, Fury v Zhang would be good as well. I'd have no qualms if that happens.

Fury is only overrated in the sense he's seen to have accomplished a whole lot. He really hasn't. Has he accomplished any more than AJ? No, he hasn't. He's just faced lesser competition in a ton more fights.

Markus, being an AJ hater just makes your opinion on him rather baseless and highly questionable. That's how it goes for anyone who just irrationally hates a boxer for whatever reason they concocted. I'm called "The biggest Floyd hater", but even I have my times when I've defended him against silly accusation and given him his dues. Hell, same goes for Canelo.

I have no horse in this. Hell, I was a big Fury fan for a long whole before he won his first belt. But at some point, if you are being honest, you have to admit his antics are wearing thin.

It's Ovah likes this.
  5. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Well I don't disagree nobody likes what Fury's doing but we can't do anything about it can we

I just don't care for the fight. It's that simple. If aj dominates Wilder or a top 5 in his next fight then we can talk. But at this point he's too privileged. Let others finally get the opportunity he had multiple chances. Although that would morso be WBC job

6. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    We can discuss and hypothesize. That's all this is really.

I really don't think anyone said Fury "MUST" fight AJ. It's been more "Why not fight him" based on his ridiculous comments on how easy a win it would be. Fury v AJ would literally be the biggest UK HW fight in ages. Decades?

7. MarkusFlorez99

Jan 13, 2021
    Well I dunno, but honestly I would rather see Fury vs new prospects. I don't wanna treat aj differently just because he's a former champion and from uk.

8. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    It's NOT differently. That's always somewhat been the case with a former World Champion. It's not like his losses to Usyk dropped him out of the top 5 HW's in boxing.

9. fencik45

fencik45 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    Fury won't fight any prospects who are actually good. He will root out the next Charr, Pajkic, etc.

Bokaj likes this.
  10. spravedlivylev

spravedlivylev Haaaappy Neeeew Yeeeear! banned Full Member

Nov 17, 2022
    I'll give you three.

1) Because that's what champions should do - fight top guys of their era. It's a sad thing that it has to be asked as to why Fury should fight whoever. It never occurred to Ali, Frazier, Lewis, Holyfield, Tyson to not fight pretty much everyone who is anyone in their era. Sure, some fights didn't get made along the way, but greats of the past never said such Mayweather-esque things as "why should I fight him". By being a champion, a fighter claims "I'm the best and I'm ready to be put to the test". It's only a recent development that fighters (especially in the HW division) are so prone to cherrypicking.

2) Because even according to Fury, he has to fight Joshua. The two best British HWs of this era must fight, no other way around it. When Fury is having one of his rare moments of honesty, he keeps confirming that. It should already have happened, really, if not for Fury's ducking.

3) Because Joshua has the strongest resume of any active HWs by far. Anyone who shits on Joshua's resume is a hopeless casual. The guy was the unified champion for a total of almost four years, had 12 title fights (twice as many as Fury), defended his titles 7 times (more than twice as many as Fury), and beat two of the bests win of Fury - one of them was even a more decisive win by KO. He kept dealing with mandatory after mandatory - something Fury never experienced as he never defended more than a single belt. Joshua gave Martin, Breazale, Whyte, Parker, their first losses, he defeated the only once-beaten Povetkin and Pulev and immediately avenged his loss to Ruiz. It's a ridiculous thought that while Fury has no problem fighting with the 40-year-old, multiple times badly KOd, 12-losses corpse of Chisora or multiple times badly KOd Whyte (and Joshua being the first giving him those KO losses many years before Fury faced a shell-of-his-former-shelf version of Whyte) but we should try to find "credible reasons" as to why Fury should fight Joshua.

Heck, I'll give you a bonus one: money. Fury keeps talking about how he wants to make money out of his fighting career. Joshua is still the biggest cash cow in HW boxing today. If for nothing else, Fury must face Joshua for financial reasons. After all, Fury keeps talking about how easy it would be to beat "the body builder". Let's see it then. Easiest payday in the world, right?

But this is the thing with Fury. Usyk is a middleweight so an easy fight, Joshua is a bum so an easy fight, Ruiz is a little fat man so an easy fight, Joyce is slow so an easy fight, Zhang is old so an easy fight... He just keeps talking and talking but never backs it up. Everybody is an easy fight according to him, yet he never fights anyone with a pulse and runs off to "fight" non-boxers instead.

11. miniq

miniq Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed HW Champion Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Finally it's getting through to you. Just add a little more detail like Fury would beat Ruiz with 1 hand behind his back. He'd beat AJ in his sleep and He'd beat Zhang like the CCP would beat a political dissenter.

12. Clout

Clout New Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2022
    Back in the day there was only one combat sport, boxing. Even in the eighties Mike Tyson could justifiably call himself the baddest man on the planet, but now there is MMA. Am I the only one excited that we will finally know who the 'baddest man on the planet' is again, that's better than undisputed, surely? If Fury wins the only other person who could reasonably stake a claim to his title as the Alpha King of the World would be Hafjor Bjornson, the world's strongest man, Thor. But Fury, being the fighting man he is, has said he would even fight him. What a run that would be; Wilder, Wilder, Ngannou, Thor. Then he can retire and never need prove himself again.

13. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    But who's saying anything else you mean?

Joshua's confidence is shot since his two losses against Usyk and maybe he'll never regain it, but Fury is ducking Usyk just because he's afraid that the same, or worse, will happen to him. Whatever you might say about AJ, he had the stones to actually face Usyk. Maybe Fury will find his out of pure shame, but he hasn't as of yet.

I'll take the fighter who takes on the challenges and sometimes loses over the one who ducks the most dangerous opposition and keeps his 0 every time.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
  14. spravedlivylev

spravedlivylev Haaaappy Neeeew Yeeeear! banned Full Member

Nov 17, 2022
    Oh dear.

Bokaj likes this.
  15. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Are you being ironic? If Fury wants to prove himself the baddest man on the planet he'll have to do it in an MMA cage, but N'Gannou would literally pound the **** out of him there.

Most UFC guys over 170, and quite a few that's not, probably would.

Beating N'Gannou in boxing proves absolutely nothing.

spravedlivylev likes this.