Tyson Fury on Dubois: 'Boxing is a heart sport'

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dubblechin, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Tyson Fury congratulates Joyce on Twitter and takes a jab at Dubois

“Brilliant performance, great boxing display.

“Boxing is a heart sport.”

2. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Well there's the one guy who has standing to criticize Dubois not fighting through an eye injury.

TipNom, KO KIDD, Col Mortimer and 8 others like this.
  3. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I guess that the guy who got up from a punch that the entire world thought killed him has the right to take a few digs, though I thought that him and Dubois were on the same side stable wise.

Dawuud GG likes this.
  4. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Fury certainly has no shortage of heart.

sid and Oneirokritis like this.
  5. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    He's in new territory now is Dubois. Everyone in the Boxing world is kicking him while he's down. Now we'll see how tough he is and whether he has what it takes to bounce back and rise to the top.

6. Forza

Forza Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Had he kept fighting, he could have gotten permanent damage to the eye or knocked out. So it might have been the wise thing to do. Not a good look tho

Somali Sanil likes this.
  7. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Daniel Quitois

You either have heart or you don’t

8. FastSmith7

FastSmith7 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2017
    He was a smart guy to quit, no reason to try and be tough there, his eye is BADLY damaged and had he carried on it might have been damaged beyond repair, if it isn't already. He has his whole career ahead of him, maybe it shows a slight lack of heart but lets hope for now his eye will be okay.

9. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Are you his mom? (LOL) Jesus Christ. It's a fist fight. People's eyes swell up. Watch the sport for a week. It happens all the time.

The difference is fighters tend to beg for the fights to continue when their eyes swell shut. They don't ask their corners to stop it, and when their cornerman says get out there and fight, they don't quit the next time a jab hits their eye.

Dubois was hyped WAY beyond anything he ever accomplished. He got in the first fight of his career where his opponent actually fought back. And he quit.

As Fury said, "It's a heart sport."

Jamal Perkins, ForemanJab and vast like this.
  10. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Tyson "I could be blind in both eyes I'd still fight" Fury

I bet Fury would still be pretty elusive even with no eyes. Barreling forward with both arms out in front of him. Grabs hold of you and crushes you to death.

11. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Dubois has had it easy.

12. truth_teller

truth_teller Member banned Full Member

Jun 4, 2019
    Tyson Fury has ducked Klitschko twice. And he faced only Deontay Wilder as a proper opponent so far, he had no real competition. (His eye was wrecked by Otto Wallin who was not even in top 20 at that time)

Thus, we can conclude Tyson Fury also has no heart.

UltimateDestroyer likes this.
  13. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    ban yourself for a week matey.

14. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    So many fellow professionals have come out and said Dubois quit. This isn't a bunch of twitter trolls or forum warriors slaughtering a young fighter, it's fellow professionals.

That's the difference here, they know what they saw, we all know what we saw, Dubois quit, that simple.

Go back and listen to the corner advice to Dubois between rounds, they were talking the mental side and not physical.

His own corner knew after 3 rounds of jabbing that Dubois was starting to mentally crumble, they were more concerned with his mental state than the eye.

They know something or knew something we didn't, Dubois obviously has trouble with the mental side of things if things are not going his way or when it gets tough.

Long term that's a real worry, you can teach somebody technical things, you can get somebody ridiculously fit, a fighter can gain experience but you can't train heart.. and Dubois looks like he hasn't got a strong enough heart for top level boxing.

15. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Dubois clearly lacked experience. He has to improve his skills and moves. He looked like Clubber Lang last night.

Mr Icaman likes this.