Tyson Fury - Overrated, underrated or somewhere in between?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Heisenberg, Sep 23, 2019.

1. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    It’s nothing to do with hype really. Everyone knows Fury doesn’t sell. The Klitschko rematch sold terribly, his last UK fight saw him booed out of the ring it was so boring, and last time he fought in a venue that had about nineteen thousand empty seats in it and tickets were literally being given away to people on the street.

I’m not knocking Fury for wrestling; I think he’d probably be quite good at it. But he’s doing it for money.

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  2. notjustacasual

notjustacasual Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Mah i mean its hype him saying he could get injured, trying to make it seem dangerous.

I agree his profile is rubbish but interestingly if you go on youtube his wwe vid from a week ago is the second most viewed fury vid on youtube. So it gets some eyes on him.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  3. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    Fury is going to meet a puncher more accurate and disciplined than Wilder and POW!

I'll be so glad when Captain Arm Punch is taken out of there. Who'd a thunk a guy who doesn't seem to understand leverage got to be a champ (much less lineal) in this day and age?

4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Fury needs attention and love. It’s common knowledge that Fury moaned that he wasn’t given it or enough respect after the Klitschko win. His popularity was then on a high after all the mental health rhetoric and the brave draw with Wilder. But the public tide has been turning over the past 12 months with the refusal to rematch Wilder immediately, a return to fighting dossers, awful ticket sales, the scare against Wallin and the knowledge that Wilder actually really hurt him. This last year has had cashing out spelt all over it, confirmed by the WWE circus that is apparently now taking priority over his boxing career. Fury said he would sue Wilder if he tried to fight the winner AJ/Ruiz instead of him but now it’s ok that there’s ‘a hell of a chance’ the fight is postponed because of his WWE commitments... Fury can no doubt fight, is tough as boots but is without doubt a big man with a bigger ego but some tiny self esteem

5. Heisenberg

Apr 30, 2017
    After the release of last weeks autobiography, we’re now being treated to a Tyson Fury Christmas single...

Jurgen and 305th like this.
  6. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    He's only going to fight Wilder if this latest PR stunt nosedives like all the rest of them have.

7. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    He is just selling the WWE match
    It poses very little risk to anything boxing related

8. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Hope Tony Hayers will be adding this classic to his playlist

9. Heisenberg

Apr 30, 2017
    Tyson Fury envisages a "farewell fight" in 2020 and says he is "long in the tooth" for boxing at the age of 31.

Fury, who makes his WWE wrestling debut on 31 October, hopes to return to boxing to fight WBC world heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder in February.

"Hopefully I have three fights next year, Wilder in February, Wilder in June and then maybe a farewell fight in December," Fury told BBC Sport.

"Boxing's a young man's game. I don't want to be in longer than I need to."

"I am 31, getting long in the tooth for the sport. There are young men coming up and father time catches up with everyone.

"I have five kids at home and a wife, and I think it would be nice to spend a bit of time with those people after the sacrifices I have made my whole life."

10. Citizen Smith

Citizen Smith Active Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2019
    Wilder Ortiz is Nov 23rd, so it's unlikely Wilder is ready or willing to fight in Feb.

Tyson has said so much rubbish that no one believes anything he says now. The only thing I will take out of his comment is that he is done. He ran from the Wilder re-match and has achieved little since then and has crossed over to more ridiculous antics in WWE. He will probably get a nice pay day for that circus and that will be it. I don't believe for one minute he wants Wilder again after seeing stars. He says a lot, but he's not that daft.

Scissors likes this.
  11. TheWorstEver(TWE)

TheWorstEver(TWE) Active Member Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    The Wilder re-match will never happen. We've seen all this before, except this time instead of using mental health as an excuse he's trying to distract everyone with this nonsense. Apparently after his WWE debut he'll be making his debut in MMA. He's got no intention of fighting Wilder again.

12. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Can't believe there is all this crying because the guy is living a dream and making some cash with the WWE while his cut heals.

Fury may very well retire in three fights, but the Wilder rematch will happen, and he will win it. I see a third fight with Wilder and a bout with Joseph Parker, and then he will do whatever Tyson Fury feels like doing at the moment.

13. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    People are so stupid. Fury has three more fights left on his top rank deal - a company who have invested heavily in him - and the Wilder fights are already signed. They're 100% happening whether Fury wants them to or not.

It's amazing how many people are wishfully hoping he'll retire. Does he hurt you guys that much??

The wrestling stuff is genius. It keeps him busy, in shape, raises his profile and makes him millions. It also opens up a career for when he does hang up the gloves. That may well be after his three contracted fights, but it certainly won't be before.

velagod, EJC83, Wig and 1 other person like this.
  14. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    This guy is on point. Nice one pal, refreshing to read some balance amidst all the hysterical clucking on here.

velagod likes this.
  15. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    On sky sports today saying he looking to make his MMA debut this year and could be trained by McGregor.