Tyson fury running scared

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by sugar-ray, Feb 16, 2010.

1. turpinr

turpinr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 6, 2009
    i remember malpass too.sykes got a hammering against john l gardner.
    i saw some fighter in a thrown fight at liverpool stadium and i'm sure it was malpass against an american fighter.the yank got hit turned round and dived through the ropes.i think his name was grantham or similar.
    it stunk:dead

2. icemax

icemax Indian Red Full Member

Apr 24, 2008
    :yep Grandham:deal

3. turpinr

turpinr Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 6, 2009
    it was near enough:lol:

4. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Apparently Billy Whitehurst the ex footballer from South Yorkshire battered Neil Malpass in a local pub.

5. smithshaun

smithshaun Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    he is only 25, in boxing terms he is still a boy and he acts like one but I honestly believe with his size and power he could win a world title after the main man has retired! all this once he gets caught he will lose is bollocks its heavyweight boxing , anyone taking 200 pounds on the chin will go down that's why that division is so exciting ( maybe not at the moment because they are all scared to fight each other ) lewis is considered one of the greatest heavyweights of all time but he also got knocked out on a couple of times!

6. neil malpass

neil malpass New Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2018
    wass dont post stuff unless you sure its true. its 100% true that i dont know billy whitehurst and he certainly didnt batter me in a pub and neither has anyone else so get your fact right before you put stuff on here nuff said

7. neil malpass

neil malpass New Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2018
    he didnt dive thru the ropes he was knocked out and went over the top rope so watch it again.as for being a thrown fight i can tell you ive had over 50 pro fights and a have lots of ex pro friends and theres never been a case were a promoter as asked any of us to throw a fight,they have no need to they just pick an opponent that there fighter can beat.it only happens in films so stick to being an arm chair warrior

8. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Well I've heard it from enough people who i consider honest folk so that's good enough for me.

9. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Fury talks, but he can back it up. He is the best heavyweight out there if he gets back into shape..............hope he does................

10. Dangerwood84

Dangerwood84 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I can remember when people thought he had no chance against Wlad. He wasn't rated that highly. His fights were nearly always entertaining and he got through by the skin of his teeth on a number of occasions. He wasn't favoured to beat Chisora, first time around. He got dropped by Steve Cunningham who isn't even a 'real' heavyweight. He beat a terrible Wlad on the night in a terrible fight, he hasn't fought since and his 'in ring' reputation has sky rocketed. Its quite bizarre really.
    I still like watching him fight though.

Scissors likes this.