Tyson Fury Shock Fight Against Cruiserweight Champion ‘All But Sealed’

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by spravedlivylev, May 25, 2023.

1. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Firstable preparing for a fight is being in a camp and having the right sparring partners for it.
    You are not preparing for opponent by fighting "supposedly similar" opponents.
    Nor should that be allowed or accepted by anyone.
    This guy is a CW, has fighting at CW his whole career, and it's a natural CW.
    He also suffer a horrible injury and beating by Briedis, who broke his jaw in 2 places, and this guy needed a big surgery and it's recovering for almost a year, and not fight since Briedis fight.
    Not to mention in a lot of people eye Briedis at 37 won that fight, even though he was inactive in the first part, he dominated the second part of the fight, and put a beating on Opetaia.

And what a laugh and show of zero knowledge is compare prime 33 years old Briedis version that faced Usyk, to after 4 years version of Briedis that fought Opetaia.
    Just 1 in boxing can make a huge difference, especially when we talking 35+ years of age fighters, that can get old overnight.

But you can literally expect any mental gymnastics from Fury fans at this point. They are at all time low, following their leader.

BTW, Usyk have beaten Mchunu, Hunter, Huck, Bridis, Gassiev, Bellew in consecutive fights, and Unified the CW division in a record time.
    A proper champion is supposed to fight the best fight after fight.

This is from twitter, and Fury 9 out of 11 opponents:
    This content is protected

2. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    I seem to remember Chisora's trainer saying something like "I don't know what Derek is thinking because I don't even think he knows what he's thinking." and that pretty much describes Fury too. I say in all seriousness, and as much suspicion about why Fury says and does some of what he has, that I also feel he doesn't know what he's really going to do from day to day. Sure, maybe suspicions about motives are sometimes right with him, but I do believe it is often just that. It's part of the same streak that makes him creative and unpredictable in the ring, and often a nightmare for methodical boxers. Even he doesn't know if he's going to zig or zag. But it extends to the rest of his life in the worst way.

3. goku23

goku23 Member Full Member

May 28, 2014
    Fury without guidance is a mess. Sugar Hill is a great coach but he's nobody that can guide Fury, not a chance. He trains him and that's it.
    John Fury is on an adderall drip watching repeats of Sexy Beast.
    The one man who had his back and had a clear path for him was Peter Fury.

catchwtboxing and spravedlivylev like this.
  4. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    So he runs from one middleweight straight in to the arms of one no where near as good

Loads of you fell for the fury fable
    I tried to warn yous all

5. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    He has been like that since I can remember so not that shocking to me.

6. spravedlivylev

spravedlivylev Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 17, 2022
    That’s why he demanded to fight Whyte instead last year. And also that’s why he ducked him this year.

Mate, literally everyone in the boxing fan community and the boxing world who is not a Fury fanboy agrees on this, from current and former fighters to journos and coaches and whatever. Even his own uncle who knows Fury better than you could ever wish to get to know him said Usyk was a dangerous fight for the ogre. It seems a useless activity to try to argue otherwise at this point, but hey, you do you. I guess that’s not much else you can do in that basement.

7. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Mods should ban him for trolling.

8. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    Well at least it isn't Marcellus Wilder.

Yet.

catchwtboxing likes this.
  9. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    I never realised how similar Wallin and Schwartz look. They look like different resolution versions of the same image.

Also, Whyte's head looks like a perfectly round ball.

catchwtboxing and lordlosh like this.
  10. nervousxtian

nervousxtian Trolljegeren Full Member

Aug 6, 2005

And Briedis is quite literally the one live opponent the guy had ever fought.

This fight would be a joke.

lordlosh likes this.