Tyson fury showing prime ali handspeed (day 11 comeback)

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Forza, May 6, 2017.

1. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Get me out of this fury loving thread, I can't take this garbage anymore.

2. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    :D This definitely makes certain people on here uncomfy :D

Rudy and Kevin Willis like this.
  3. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Who knew Ali would be re-incarnated as a 6'8" white traveller.

4. Todd498

Todd498 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jun 13, 2011
    LooL! The dork is one of the dumbest hypocrites on this whole forum. He OOZES with the same insecurities and bitterness that he tries to say others have on here.

Check out the Sci Fi geeks posts in pretty much any Usyk, GGG or Kovalev thread too ;)

Rudy and Kevin Willis like this.
  5. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    This content is protected

6. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    We has stood on too many toes and will never be the cash cow that AJ will be so he probs will get a fight but not a decision..

7. dpw417

dpw417 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 13, 2007
    bit by bit...Let's see what he can do.

8. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    He has not only the punching power of a kid, he obviously has the mentality of one as well

9. 4themind

4themind Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2007
    Seriously, the way some people are talking, should fury even need a tune-up fight before joshua, isn't that what he said after all? http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/01/tyson...p-fight-before-facing-anthony-joshua-6609172/

Why waste his time against some stiff, if he already has his "prime-ali" handspeed back. He can beat joshua right away(if klitchko defers the rematch), cash his check for 30 million and then do bleep all for the rest of his time afterwards. That would show a lot more than words, or short youtube clips can do. Neither of those are substitute for in ring performance, by definition (otherwise why even have the fights?).

First he has to get cleared by the UKAD, THEN get cleared by the BBBoC, AND he has to lose the weight, in addition to his boxing preparation. All while dealing with a seemingly legitimate mental illness issue which may or may not be supplemented by a substance abuse issue. And those are all facts, regardless of what people say here.

The 2015 version of Fury doesn't exist right now, it's many stone heavier, and many many months less active. Now he MAY regain his fighting shape and conditioning (and for the sake of the division I hope he does) but until then, every one should recognize how things ARE right now rather than an idealized version in their head.

And Unless you believe that he could step in the ring tomorrow and take out Joshua, you have to concede that there's work for him to do that hasn't been done yet, and shouldn't be stated as being done until it actually is.

10. Celestial gold

Celestial gold Member banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Exactly right , at the moment he's just a massive pile of

11. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    You should be smacked in the mouth for talking such nonsense.

12. TheyDontBoxNoMore7

TheyDontBoxNoMore7 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 2, 2016
    As I've said. Continue to pump up a loser drug addict that folded when the spotlight got too big to bare. He just wants a payday. He has more flaws than AJ. He's just had a size advantage. He will lose. He's already pissed his momentum away. This guy was always destined to become a flavor of the month.

I'm just telling you how it is. He has more openings than you guys think. I don't have to push agenda. Some of you haven't even been watching boxing for 10 years and it's quite obvious. Take a look at the fighters this guy has had trouble with. A bunch of you try to make boxing political. This guy will fall short. It's just a matter of time

13. Giacomino

Giacomino Member Full Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Fury is just a chancer who got lucky.

And you compare him to Ali? I assume you mean Rahaman Ali..

14. covetousjuice

covetousjuice Putin did nothing wrong Full Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I'm curious. Does anyone have any insight into why he's training in Marbella?

15. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015

You only watched his hands then I take it? Watch again and this time observe his footwork. Joshua's power is on another level to Fury's but exactly the same can be said of Tyson's movement compared to AJ's. Yes, as of now I favour Joshua but if Fury gets back to his best, the tools he brings to the table will make it a very live fight. Everything in boxing is set up by the feet first. That mean's Fury's strength - positioning and movement - comes before AJ's - power and fast combinations - in the mechanics of boxing. AJ has to solve the puzzle, not the other way round...