Tyson Fury: Top 5 Guys He's Defeated?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by djanders, Jun 15, 2022.

1. iceferg

iceferg Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Even if he went out and beat Wlad again he'd get no more credit from his detractors. He fought Wilder 3x and that's simply put down as 1x on his resume by you lot.

Haye who everyone tried to make out was great at the time blatantly ducked him too.

2. iceferg

Apr 25, 2008
    Ortiz has beat Malick Scott, Tony Thompson, Bryant Jennings, Charles Martin etc all with relative ease and no controversy and he's only lost to Wilder.

If a fighter doesn't fight on Sky sports it's like they don't exist to some people.

3. Finkel

Finkel Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    Dont be too harsh on Haye, not many Heavies are keen on fighting 6'8" opponents. After all, Fury himself avoided both Price and Ustinov whilst he positioned himself to take on Wlad.

Something doesn't add up though. Fury spent most of his time before the match with Wlad fighting guys 6'3" and below. But now he doesn't see the point in fighting 6'3" Usyk...

Really makes you think....

4. Finkel

Feb 10, 2020
    Scuba Scott

The Ghost of Tony Thompson

And...Getting outboxed for long periods and dropped twice against Charles Martin is winning with relative ease?

BubblesUK likes this.
  5. iceferg

Apr 25, 2008
    I can't be bothered going on boxrec but I recall he fought QUOTE a few 6"6 + fighters on his way up. Haye was always weary of taking on anyone with a pulse and got bailed out when the time keeper stopped the round a minute early after Chisora buzzed him.

6. iceferg

Apr 25, 2008
    Who on Joshua's resume that he's beaten to people think would beat Fury?

I'd favour Fury over Usyk for the record but it would be hard.

7. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Wilder isn't anywhere near Wlad.

BubblesUK likes this.
  8. iceferg

Apr 25, 2008
    So what do you call Chisora's win over Scott because he lost every round, scored a flash knock-down and the referee just stopped it.

Chisora on his day is good just like Ortiz but overall Ortiz is more consistent.

9. iceferg

Apr 25, 2008
    Tell me Wlads top 5 wins then.

10. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    I don't need to look hard to find weak points in Wilder's resume. Alnd while Wlad had his gimmes his whole championship run wasn't filled with them.

11. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Fury top 2 wins are impressive in Wlad and Whyte but after that there a big dip quality in Chisora then Wilder.

Whilst AJ record certainly has more quality in depth in Wlad, Povetkin, Whyte, Parker, Ruiz and Pulev (all better than Chisora and Wilder).

12. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    Povetkin
    Byrd
    Haye
    Chagaev
    Ibragimov

13. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Povetkin
    Haye
    Pulev
    Byrd
    Brewster

Is much, much better than

Ortiz
    Duhaupas
    Spzilka
    Washington
    Stiverne

14. Finkel

Feb 10, 2020
    Well Fury turned pro late 2008. I'm sure you can find a couple of bums in his first few years that were 6'6", but when he got to the business end of the division he was clearly avoiding them.

He fought Klitschko in Nov 2015. In the four years prior to that 6'4" Joey Abel was the biggest he fought. You have to go back to SEP 2011 when he fought 6'6" Firtha with a record of 20-8-1.

As I said he was clearly in no rush to fight big men like Price and Ustinov as he climbed the rankings.

15. iceferg

Apr 25, 2008
    It's deeper but the difference isn't that much. Overall Wlad was greater but at the time he fought Fury and especially after coming back fighting AJ he'd slipped to the point I'd have favoured Wilder over him.

I was at the Fury vs. Wlad fight Fury beat him easily I had him winning all the first 10 then he backed off played it safe and dropped last 2.