Tyson Fury versus Oleksandr Usyk

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Robbi, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Robbi

Robbi Marvelous Full Member

Jul 23, 2004
    Tyson Fury versus Oleksandr Usyk

How does this one play out?

2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Usyk is easily able to get inside and work the body and land clean flush straight lefts and right hooks, then pirouetting out from underneath Fury's left arm, until Tyson eventually goes timber in the 9th from accumulation.

3. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Did you picture fury with broken legs???

scribbs likes this.
  4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Nope, he's just not as fast or as twinkle toed as Usyk.

Quina74 likes this.
  5. WhataRock

WhataRock VIP Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Fury cruises to a decision.

Toney F*** U, sasto and Dance84 like this.
  6. reckless

reckless Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Fury walks him down, fight is over within 5 rounds.

7. HellSpawn86

HellSpawn86 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 6, 2007
    I don’t know, but I want to see the fight.

Quina74 and DJN16 like this.
  8. StiffJab

StiffJab Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 25, 2008
    Fury puts all his weight on Olek and tires him out over the first 6. Fury goes on to win by knock out in the 10th.

9. rusev

rusev Active Member Full Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Fury on points .

10. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Usyk loses a ud, depending on his mindset(Fury) he could rough him up make his size tell if the fights slipping away and make it hard for Usyk to see the final bell

11. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Furks sparks him out.

I like Usyk but Fury is a different animal.

12. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    Usyk on points.....

Quina74 likes this.
  13. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Fury comes out boxing, wants to test his skills against Usyk, see what Usyk can do.
    Fury's ego wants to outbox the master boxer.
    They fence for some rounds, Fury discovers Usyk is a little quicker and very tricky. Both do well. But Fury realises after a handful of rounds that the fight is too close for comfort, can't toy with this guy like he's used to doing. When Usyk sneaks in some decent shots, Fury has had enough.
    Bulldozer mode is activated.
    Fury charges forward with high guard, cutting off the agile Usyk with long, zig zagging strides.
    Once they clash, Fury goes to head and body with clubbing shots, relentless combos.
    He eats counters to land more flurries, then takes a rest by wrestling Usyk into the ropes to nap on the Ukrainian's shoulders.
    Three rounds of this and Usyk is no longer smirking, but starting to look war torn and worried.
    Fury is relentless.
    Usyk is worn down with vicious body shots and uppercuts, much like Cunningham.
    Eventually Fury drops Usyk in the later rounds and forces a TKO.
    He invites Usyk to the field behind his place for a family picnic and they cook sausages for the kids.
    Meanwhile AJ knocks up another stripper and is awarded British Role Model of the Year by the BBC.

reckless, crash and Dance84 like this.
  14. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    A very interesting fight.

Both have excellent footwork and movement. I like usyk’s agression but at the same time fury is very difficult to land cleanly on. For those reasons it could be a great fight but it could also be a boring fight

Right now I’d pick fury ud in a close one due to the size advantage mainly but also because usyk is still fairly unproven at Heavyweight

15. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    I don't know. Probably Fury if managed to clinch him, might maul him and steamroll.
    Usyk isn't clinch artist, even Briedis he barely defeated in razor close fight because managed to avoid clinch game. Still looked helpless in these short episodes.
    Fury looks clinch skills wise and continuously improving boxer, also he is heavier and will have some reach advantage too.
    He looks enough clinch wise to gave Briedis problems in clinch even if he was in Briedis size and weight.

If long range fight, I do not know.
    A.J looks for me more suitable for Usyk because he more likes to box not clinch game where Fury looks pretty talented and this is difference.
    A.J more is Oly style boxer like Usyk, with these Usyk had more expecience, he had fought a lot of high level Oly stylish boxers.