Tyson Fury vs David Price???

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Plaza, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Plaza

Plaza Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Price vs Fury would it be a good first fight back for Tyson?

2. Injin Chi

Injin Chi Member Full Member

Oct 26, 2013
    This is a joke right?

3. big moose

big moose Active Member Full Member

May 16, 2010
    It would be intriguing / fun to those into the British scene.

I remember this match-up once being a hot topic, and embarrassing as it now seems, Price was usually reckoned the favourite. Prices' technique was viewed as more solidly orthodox and he had a better amateur background; Tyson was a flabby buffoon who had needed a gift decision against Rogan and had punched himself in the face.

Now, it seems a good trial of theories about unfit natural talent (Tyson) versus a more well-meaning and classically fitter looking type (Price). My bet is on the chap who could probably have boxed for 50 rounds in 19th century bare-knuckle brawls, after three weeks of drinking mother's ruin.

Howitzer1888, Grooveongreg and Plaza like this.
  4. Plaza

Plaza Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    It looks like a bit of banter on twitter, but Price ain't stupid, he knows Fury comeback fight would be huge, if he loses he earns some big bucks, if he wins he gets one last run... Id be interested in watching it...

S.K likes this.
  5. darkrobot

darkrobot New Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2010
    I'd actually quite like to see this too! But would Fury's reputation suffer if he didn't manage to get Price out of there?

Wonder if he's trying to avenge his loss to Price in the ams?

6. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    Fury would 100% KO price, if he wins.

Price will never ever go 12 rounds.

7. Plaza

Plaza Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    Price has no Heart

8. macfrome

macfrome Member Full Member

May 18, 2009
    McDermott

9. Mr Icaman

Mr Icaman 32-0 WBC Champ, Ring + Lineal HW Champ Full Member

Aug 31, 2015
    It would be funny seeing Fury dancing around pitter pattering Price around the head while Price is bent over sucking in air.

If Fury has enough conditioning to go 4 rounds this is how it would end up..

lewis gassed likes this.
  10. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    The price pre first defeat wouldngivr this version of Tyson some issues. He used to throw and had some bombs. But these days he's head shot

11. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Great comeback fight for Tyson. A fresh David Price is dangerous offensively, meaning Tyson would have to get that head moving in the first six round, shaking off the rust. Aftee six rounds Price will be blowing out of his arse and Tyson can take him out, looking impressive and sending out a message.

Howitzer1888, Scyson and destruction like this.
  12. Cornish

Cornish Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2017
    I can't believe that if Joshua had been out the ring for over 2 years that he'd face a Price, let alone having to lose over 90 pounds to do it.

moog likes this.
  13. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I see Hearn has suggested Dave Allen as Furys comeback fight, first Whyte then Ortiz now trying go get him in with fury begs the question does Eddie like Dave Allen. Allen has repeatedly stated Tyson is easily the best he's sparred with and you cant land a glove on him. With Allen's toughness and Furys style and ability Allen could get badly hurt as he would soak up constant prolonged punishment imo.

Hattonmad and Hugo98 like this.
  14. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Not a bad comeback fight I mean wasn't hearn trying to make aj Vs price at one point that's more pathetic

15. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Let’s face it. This would be huuuuuuge.

I never tire of watching Price unravel in the ring. It just never ever gets old.
    It’s a low risk and high reward comeback for Fury too.