Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder 3 - Discussion and Poll

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Vegan Beast, Jun 7, 2021.

Fury vs Wilder

1. Fury TKO/KO

154 vote(s)
    67.2%
  2. Fury decision

28 vote(s)
    12.2%
  3. Draw

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. Wilder KO/TKO

43 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. Wilder decision

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  1. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Right. No Mark Breland in the corner this time around to serve as the sole bastion of common sense. And we all know that if Bayless is the referee, he isn't stepping in and stopping it to save Wilder from further punishment: he convinces himself that as long as Wilder is in there he has a chance of landing that one big right hand, regardless of how bad a beating he has taken. So Wilder will have to take his hiding, and if he comes to the ring with 40lb body armour he can use that as his get-out clause, stating that it made his legs weak during the entrance, and demand a fourth fight with Fury.

Let's face it: stranger things have happened.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  2. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    :lol:

Oneirokritis likes this.
  3. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    Fury KO rounds 4-6. As soon as Wilder gets tagged he goes for broke and starts fighting reckless, Fury rides it out and drops and stops him soon after.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  4. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I'm trying not to fall for the hype. I had Fury beating Wilder the first time like most but I thought he performed better than a lot of people gave him credit for. I picked Wilder to win by KO in the rematch because I underestimated Tysons ability to come to Wilder and win trading and not moving feinting and playing defensive spoiler. In the wake of the second fight and initial build up to the third fight my pick was Fury to stop Wilder again or at least take a dominant win.

Outside of the excuses and accusations I like what I see from Wilder. He seems to be taking this fight very seriously, though it is just pad and bag work I see improvements in Wilder. I like that he is working on inside fighting and hooking to the body and his punches look a little straighter and cleaner. Wilder is a hard worker just unpolished in certain areas but he has a big heart and a big punch.

At the same time Fury seems fat, distracted, over confident and looking past Wilder. Maybe this all part of the sell job like we used to see when Mayweather and Pacquaio fought over matched guys and they had to make it seem like they were over the hill or not ready or whatever things they tried to do to make the fight seem more interesting than it really was.

Wilder at least by his training and the interviews he has given where he isnt making excuses and accusations says all the right things and I get the feeling we will see adjustments. In the rematch Fury hurt Wilder pretty early on and Wilder never seemed to ever recover from the initial knockdown. If Wilder stays out of danger early he will get to Fury and he has the power to end the fight but it is just a matter of if he can deliver it.

I have to pick Fury but this fight has gotten a lot more interesting the closer it gets

Gatekeeper likes this.
  5. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Hopefully Bayless starts taking points from Fury for at that illegal headlocking and holding he did in the 2nd fight. Without that dirty tactic, it may be a different outcome.

6. WhataRock

WhataRock Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Viktor Vykhrst on the undercard now.

7. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer "I won 11-2" - Teofimo Lopez Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Fury now knows that the only way he beats Wilder is by stoppage. He proved he has the clout to do so, and will do so again in fight 3.

Let's not forget that was Wilders first stoppage loss, and against a 'feather fisted fighter'. Given we didn't hear from Wilder for over a year following his beating in fight 2 (other than excuses) we know his mental is shot to bits. He knows full well if he was stopped once, Fury has the power to do it again - that much he will be conscious of.

Fury knows Wilder can knock him out, so it's his job to ensure he gets Wilders respect first and nullifies his one weapon - power.
    Wilder is **** going backwards. Any fighter that has pressed him has had huge success. Fury isn't getting smaller overnight... he will always be able to push Wilder back, and so long as he does he can beat Wilder.

Fury by stoppage within 7.

UnleashtheFURY and Oneirokritis like this.
  8. Dempsey1238

Dempsey1238 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 10, 2005

That fight needed to be stop. I do not think Wilder could of lasted much longer had the ref not stop it.

Bustajay and Oneirokritis like this.
  9. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer "I won 11-2" - Teofimo Lopez Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Wilders not the only one who took braindamage from the second fight, huh?

Leeroy84 likes this.
  10. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 8, 2014
    In recent training videos Wilder looks slower and less energetic. It’s hard to maintain the athleticism that Wilder has come to rely on throughout his career in lieu of boxing skills now that he’s almost 36. I also don’t like the padwork Scott is doing with Wilder, having him slipping shots and coming underneath with body punches. That just isn’t Wilder’s game. His confidence going into this fight is questionable too. Regardless of the excuses he’s made, deep down he knows Fury did a job on in him. I think Fury takes Wilder out earlier this time.

Bustajay and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  11. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY I've had so much sex during lockdown Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Logistically somebody credibility!

ForemanJab likes this.
  12. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I am not wrong with my assessment of the second fight.

13. jmb1356

jmb1356 Active Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    This is one thing nobody is talking about. Around 35 is when speed and reflexes begin to decline.

14. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    It seemed for a week or so Fury was taking this fight seriously but he's already back on twitter and doing interviews talking more about Joshua than Wilder...

May put a bet on Wilder TBH. He needs to stfu and eat, **** and sleep Wilder.

15. Kratos

Kratos Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    This fight probably wont happen again.