Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder- October 9th. Does it happen? Predictions if it does?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by destruction, Aug 27, 2021.

What is the outcome?

Poll closed Sep 8, 2021.
  1. No it gets cancelled and Wilder ends up fighting for the vacant belt

36.1%
  2. Yes it happens and Fury by KO

36.1%
  3. Yes it happens and Fury by UD

12.5%
  4. Yes it happens and Wilder by KO

13.9%
  5. Yes it happens and Wilder by UD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yes it happens and it’s a draw

1.4%
  1. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Just get it on!!!!

Shay Sonya likes this.
  2. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    this as flop written all over it
    if it even happens

3. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    It's quite bizarre and comes across as pretty unhealthy to me. Imagine hating someone that much who you've never met?

It's probably an alt - I wonder if it's Hayers or Infern0141?

Brumsongs likes this.
  4. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Excellent ducking rematches ?? Like Wilder and Chisora ??

Nice try. What was your previous alt ??

5. Ty is That Guy

Ty is That Guy Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    True to degree. But if it's a good fight, there is usually no problem selling tickets. In fact, it's hard to actually FIND good seats for a good fight. Neither of these guys are a good sell

6. Ty is That Guy

Jul 6, 2021
    Yes excellent at ducking rematches like Klitschko and now Wilder. He would have no problem fighting Chisora 10 tens if you let him because Chisora has 11 defeats on his record.

7. Ty is That Guy

Jul 6, 2021
    Do you debate facts and answer questions? Or do you change the subject all the time like a female?

8. Ty is That Guy

Jul 6, 2021
    That's almost funny. But look at the top heavyweights and see how many of them that AJ has either fought, offered to fight or is fighting next. Fury has fought 4 guys in the current top 50. That means there are at least 45 of the top heavyweights he has yet to fight. And you guys consider him the best we got?

9. Ty is That Guy

Jul 6, 2021
    Agreed 100% I thought Wilder's reign was bad but Fury is taking it even further. Faking Covid was inexcusable and there is no reason why he can't just fight Wilder if he is so much better than him. I am genuinely curious as to why so many fight fans support him though. If this were any other fighter, fans would never allow it. Steroids, no title defenses. Talking smack and not fighting. Fury should be catching hell but instead, they praise him like he's a young Mike Tyson. I do not get it

10. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Tbh I think it’s more that there resigned to the fact that this fight isn’t going to sell well so are probably just not really bothering trying to hype it up.

11. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I'm not arguing that either of them are big ticket sellers - I don't think there's that much appetite for this fight. I'm just pointing out that tickets are sold differently in the US and it has to be factored in.

12. Ty is That Guy

Jul 6, 2021
    I don't hate Fury at all. I just see him for what he is. And I do not get why a lot of people don't see him clearly and give him so many passes. I have to remind a lot of you about what he is doing because if I don't, then it never gets said. Big Baby Miller takes steroids and gets banned and shamed but Fury does it, blames mental health, depression and wild boars testicles and it's OK? Fury has sat on the WBC for almost 2 years now and he is STILL getting passes. Even after faking Covid. Yet guys are not clamoring for him to be stripped. I am 100% sure that in the next couple of weeks Fury will bail out of the fight. The only thing I am not sure of is whether the WBC will give the title fight to Wilder and Whyte.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    tomclarky, Brixton Bomber and Mitch87 like this.
  13. Ty is That Guy

Jul 6, 2021
    Appetite for the fight or not, Fury signed that contract and he has to fulfill it before trying to move on. They have all backed themselves into a corner now because Wilder does not want to cut a deal. He wants his pound of flesh. And it's obvious that Fury doesn't want to fight him again. Whether that is a lack of confidence, lack of focus or whatever, he has to fight Wilder or else. Even the fans who come to buy the tickets at the last minute, won't show up to see this one. It is going to tank royally. And that is exactly what these two get.

14. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Knowing the WBC they will probably screw Whyte over and make Wilder vs Ortiz 3 for title.

15. hobby rider

hobby rider Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2020
    Wilder v Stiverne