Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder- October 9th. Does it happen? Predictions if it does?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by destruction, Aug 27, 2021.

What is the outcome?

Poll closed Sep 8, 2021.
  1. No it gets cancelled and Wilder ends up fighting for the vacant belt

36.1%
  2. Yes it happens and Fury by KO

36.1%
  3. Yes it happens and Fury by UD

12.5%
  4. Yes it happens and Wilder by KO

13.9%
  5. Yes it happens and Wilder by UD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yes it happens and it’s a draw

1.4%
  1. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Well at least Wilder seems to think it’s still happening lol

2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    The promotion has started. Fury saying this and that about Hearn and Joshua. Then after his fight with Usyk they’ll ride that wave.

3. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    It won’t happen and I’m not sure we will see fury fight again

4. ButeTheBeast

ButeTheBeast Well-Known Member Full Member

May 27, 2012
    Fury's legacy as one of the greats was cemented in Dusseldorf and Las Vegas.

I highly doubt it, but even if he did retire, there would be no question about Fury's position as one of the top 10 heavyweights of all time. A 6t 9 giant who moves like a middleweight is a sight to behold, I haven't even mentioned the Aliesque recovery powers.

5. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I really believe Wilder is just going to land something huge.

6. dragon666

dragon666 Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2021
    It's hard to be a Tyson Fury fan with all the shenanigans.

I think he's probably been secretly chipping away in training and keeping a low profile. I hope he has but his modus operandi and his erratic behaviour makes me think something else might be going on behind the scenes.

His popularity has really dwindled since the 2nd Wilder fight and his WWE escapade. I think because he hasn't fought for so long people outside of hardcore boxing fans just don't care and i can't say i blame them.

Joshua gets some stick but he does fight more often and is more mentally balanced than Fury. He doesn't need to talk and go over old ground constantly.

Fury recently said again in a recent interview Joshua was a ''drug dealer''. Joshua just dealt some weed and got caught. I wouldn't call that being a drug dealer to the level like his uncle was where you could legitimate critique him for that.

The only thing recently i disliked with Joshua was the whole BLM stuff which i think was unnecessary and pushed a meaningless agenda. The papers have lied about Joshua saying he doesn't support his kid in the past which was untrue.

Gatekeeper, Clarkey, Scissors and 3 others like this.
  7. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

I've been thinking about all this and I wonder if it's a mental thing Tyson, he needs certain mindset, he needs to feel danger? (excuse the words I use, I'm not talking about Tyson's personal issues).

I mean, do any of you think Tyson needs to be doubted, needs to the underdog or have an opponent who many believe will beat him?

Going way back to John McDermott, Tyson was a huge favourite and really struggled, then fast forward and with Otto Wallin.. sure he won but somewhat struggled.

Pianeta another fighter Tyson was suppose to batter and he went the distance.

But then look at Klitschko, Tyson was the underdog, ended up getting a great win away from home.

Wilder I, he was out the ring for years, came back with a couple of unimpressive wins and most believed he would get sparked, ended up putting on a clinic.

Wilder II, many doubted him after the two knockdowns in the first fight and believed Wilder would get to him again at some point and then Tyson destroyed him.

Wilder III, Tyson is the heavy favourite, the vast majority believe he is going to do another number on Wilder, do any of you think Tyson may be struggling to get that spark, feel that danger?

So he does these unusual things and does what are considered stupid stunts and bizarre interviews to get people to doubt him, to cast doubt over himself?

What do you think?

Gatekeeper, Clarkey and dragon666 like this.
  8. dragon666

dragon666 Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2021

There's a possibility his underlying mental illness makes him want to feel like the underdog to give him the mindset he has to train and work harder.

I think if it was that way it's ultimately mentally exhausing for his mental and physical health to constantly want to feel the underdog before a fight.

I think it's mostly just Tyson's erratic personality overlapping into his boxing career. I think he did take Wallin lightly and probably underestimated him yet he still decisively beat him outside of the bad cut.

I don't think you'll ever see the older more consistent Tyson Fury when he was on the rise in his career again. He's not in it for the long haul and i think he only views boxing now as more of a business venture. If he does need to rile himself and feel like the underdog with his shenanigans then it makes sense.

He's won all the belts now. He's technically done everything he can in boxing except fight AJ.

It won't be long until he retires and financial problems or potential life problems in the future like a divorce might bring him back.

If i was him i'd be pretty wound up and angry Wilder III is happening before the Joshua fight because it can all go belly up. I'd be pondering retirement in his shoes.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    Gatekeeper likes this.
  9. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Feels like it did a couple months ago which is to say it feels like Fury will have some sort of news (injury, retirement, mental health, etc.) that will cause the fight to be postponed/canceled.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  10. hobby rider

hobby rider Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2020
    Won’t hear much until after the Joshua fight. Nobody is interested in Fury v Wilder so they need to piggyback off the back of someone else to try and create some interest.

Scissors likes this.
  11. Ty is That Guy

Ty is That Guy Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    0 title defenses
    Steroids cheat
    No fights in two years
    2 good opponents in his entire resume
    He's a complete fraud and con man. Not a champion

Brixton Bomber and Koli55 like this.
  12. Nick UK

Nick UK Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2019
    Sorry but that's just not the case
    He is a fighter who will forever be remembered as having wasted his best years and who's talent is for the most part untested/unproven

Brixton Bomber and Mitch87 like this.
  13. Brumsongs

Brumsongs Member Full Member

May 29, 2021
    A fish?

Oreet Cha!, N17 and Glenn McKrory like this.
  14. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    To be fair he was asked if he respects Joshua as a man and he used that and a rougher upbringing as a reason why he does as Joshua managed to turn his life around.

dragon666 likes this.
  15. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    This content is protected

Oreet Cha! and Glenn McKrory like this.