Tyson Fury vs Joseph Parker. Would Parker even win 1 round?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Time Na Wait, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Hughie Fury has previously reported to decline an offer to fight AJ (i think it was due to Hughies health issues at the time).

2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    BJS put Lee on his backside twice in their world title fight...BJS is not a big puncher and Lee got back up and pushed him all the way. Unless you’re actually stopping them with these punches then I wouldn’t say they were a big puncher. Whyte has stopped Chisora and Browne legitimately...the rest of his opponents who he stopped where domestic level (if that) or journeymen. He hasn’t really knocked anyone out. Yes, he’s floored Parker who got back up and put him down. He floored Rivas who got back up and floored him. He floored an absolutely shot to pieces Povetkin and he also got back up and poleaxed him. Everyone that Wilder has fought has been stopped, sometimes spectacularly.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Which round did Whyte drop Rivas in ?

Accurate and Wizbit1013 like this.
  4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    He has taken the baton from Hayers. Fair play to him.

Wizbit1013 and Furious like this.
  5. nurological

May 25, 2012
    He didnt did he?

6. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    I have no recollection of it but those two are talking like it happened ..... :thinking: so ... I might be wrong.

7. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Rivas never went down did he?

8. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018
    Maybe I've recalled it wrong and confusing it where he rocked in the early rounds for KD by mistake. Apologies if so.

Unforgiven likes this.
  9. Mitch87

Jul 29, 2018
    In terms questioning the forum emphasis of:

- Tyson Fury being as the undisputed HW champion and no one is capble of beating him.

- Wilder would beat every HW bar Fury and no one else stands a chance against him.

- That AJ is "pudding" with a overrated resume of soft hand picked opponents.

- Usyk is no threat to the top HWs

Yes I am happy to take the "baton" and question the above popular narrative by many on this forum.

10. Unforgiven

Nov 24, 2005
    No worries.
    Eddie might have planted a false memory through hypnosis on his latest IFLTV interview.
    Also known as Matchroom Jedi Mind Tricks.
    @Twentyman seemed to confirm it.

We've seen these tricks before. A couple years ago the words "Dominic Breazeale" and "Carlos Takam" were being used to induce mass hysteria and delusion.
    Eddie is Dark Side.

11. nurological

May 25, 2012
    You choose to take things like that though. Its not all black an white.

From my point of view saying i would back Wilder to beat most of the heavies means just that, it doesn't mean i think nobody stands a chance with him, it just means i would favour him.

Fury isn't unbeatable at all and i dont think ive seen anybody say that, not even that Hattonmad guy, again its how you read and react to things.

You just come across as a, i really dislike the word, hater. You are incapable of being objective. Its fair enough as its fun to read and see the reactions.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  12. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Like Mitch I mistaken Rivas getting absolutely rocked in round 2 (I think) where he almost went. Upon reflection, I realise I imagined this although I know for a fact that Whyte was up by the count of 8 against Povetkin.

Wizbit1013 and Unforgiven like this.
  13. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    In reply to your points about narrative..
    • I don't think anyone thinks that nobody can beat Fury. But it's not outrageous for people to think he's currently top of the pile.
    • I don't think anyone thinks that about Wilder either - aside from the real Wilder fans (of which there aren't any on the British forum). The general consensus seems to be that to beat Wilder in the fashion that Fury did you need real skill and boxing IQ. I think lots would favour Joshua, Usyk and a couple might back some outsiders like Hrgovic.
    • I think people feel that Joshua's resume is very calculated. Whilst he has fought a range of decent opponents - lots were chosen at exactly the right time. Even Klitschko which is IMO Joshua's best win and a great fight was picked cleverly.
    • With Usyk, the question mark seems to be whether he can hang with the biggest HWs in the division. There's no doubting his ability. Chisora was a good test, will be interesting to see where he goes next.
    I think the issue people have with your posts is that they aren't very objective. There's little room for nuance and you seldom post anything balanced or remotely positive about fighters like Fury. As I've playfully commented, you even do this literally first thing in the morning. It does feel a bit like you are a 'hater'.

14. Yaiyr Alexander

Yaiyr Alexander Member banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2020
    Jesus people are overrating the **** out of wilder in this forum. Who of note has he beat other than ortiz ?

Mitch87 likes this.
  15. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I agree, so if Otto can pinch a few rounds then I think Parker could.

I'm not saying Parker gets close or beats Fury but he is good enough to win a few rounds.

Yaiyr Alexander likes this.