Tyson Fury vs Muhammad Ali how you see this fight going?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, Nov 21, 2017.

1. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Ali is going to have a tough time here with long southpaw who can cause him fits by not even being aggressive and still scoring on him. The way to defeat Fury is punch him HARD.

Ali never had sheer power,so he would be at a big disadvantage of trying to rattle Fury who in REAL life has Ali by HUGE margin in reach ,something that made Ali's fights a bit easier.

Can't say I would make either a huge favorite but moneys on Fury.

Somali Sanil and Tyson Fury Goat like this.
  2. AliMyths&Legends

AliMyths&Legends Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 4, 2017
    Who did he beat that weighs in as a SHW?

Buster Mathis was fat. Weighed in around 250 when Ali fought him. I can’t think of any more, but that would be a poor example.

3. Drew101

Drew101 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Bugner weighed 230lbs the second time around, which seems to be the point of demarcation for SHW's. Duke Sabedong wasn't a SHW per se, but was 6'6" and weighed 225 when facing a young Ali.

4. AliMyths&Legends

AliMyths&Legends Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 4, 2017
    235 pounds is about the average weight of a heavyweight these days.

SHW
    Fury 250 pounds
    Wlad 245 pounds
    Vitali 245 pounds
    Joshua 254 pounds

Some would class Wilder as a super heavyweight though, because of his height. I think these four would make easy work of him though. No hate toward Wilder, but we will see how it goes very soon I guess.

mirkofilipovic and SmackDaBum like this.
  5. BlizzyBlizz

BlizzyBlizz VIP Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2013
    Ali was never going to get stopped in that ring except the way that Holmes stopped him.

6. Plummer1930

Plummer1930 New Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2017
    Ali was playing with Cooper,straight after the knockdown and realising he could look a chump,Ali went to work.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  7. javaphil

javaphil New Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2019
    Fury would tire of punching the air if fought the younger Ali. despite the reach (Liston had quite a wingspan) Ali would frustrate, humiliate and finally dominate the massively less skilled Fury. The Later Ali was far too much of a warrior (Foreman, Frazier, Norton) for any of today's fighters. In the last thirty years only Tyson might have been a problem but then only in the first three or four rounds. Beyond that Ali's skill would prevail.

Nearly sixty years after Ali's arrival we still talk about him. Sixty years hence talking about Fury? Time will tell. I don't think so however.

roughdiamond and KeedCubano like this.
  8. KeedCubano

KeedCubano Read my posts in a Jamaican accent Full Member

Jul 21, 2019
    I don't think Fury was 260lbs in 2017

As for the fight, Ali by dismantling

9. KeedCubano

Jul 21, 2019
    Lmao if you think that's an actual criticism of Ali. Coz he did beat spinks...
    He was old, shot and had brain damage and he still won the rematch

George Crowcroft likes this.
  10. KeedCubano

Jul 21, 2019
    I'm fairly certain it's only an inch shorter than Fury's himself

George Crowcroft likes this.
  11. javaphil

javaphil New Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2019
    Henry's hammer, renowned left hook was a fearsome weapon. Cooper was a brave skilled and talented heavyweight but easily cut, otherwise might have been more than British champion.

12. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    This doesn't look so good after the Wallin fight...

KeedCubano likes this.
  13. Richard M Murrieta

Richard M Murrieta Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 16, 2019
    If it was 1967 Muhammad Ali, this fight would resemble the Ernie Terrell fight. Ali would make Fury look inept with his superior footwork and speed, not to mention cat like reflexes. Fury would stay in the fight because of his durability, and would would win rounds, but Ali by unanimous decision in 15.

14. john roberts

john roberts Member Full Member

Sep 5, 2017
    1. I’m finding it hard to make a case for fury here, I can’t see any attributes fury has that Ali hasn’t faced overcome and is better in that department. Eg A. height Tyson is only 6ft 7 contrary to him trying to build himself uphttps://images.app.goo.gl/5J9R23szCQFePjMp7 here he is next to a real 6ft 9 man, Magic Johnson. And next to 6ft 8 pricehttps://images.app.goo.gl/cZSaijc3M1W8Lwz59 plus Tyson is always leaning down to slip punches negating any height advantage you think he may have, he doesn’t fight tall. Ali fought terell at 6ft 6 just an inch smaller than fury and absolutely beat him easy. , so Ali would easily see the last bell no doubt, So Height not aproblem. B reach Ali has fought many men with reaches around 83-84 inches and never had a problem getting around that with his movement. Plus as we have seen many times and more recent Joshua - Ruiz reach don’t mean sh—. C speed. Tyson’s foot speed isn’t that great all his speed is above the waist trying to slip punches of which Ali is still the faster man. And as far as foot speed is concerned Ali is infinitely quicker, no comparison. D weight Ali has been in with a fighter roughly 260lbs and had no trouble with the guys power or weight in clinches ect if necessary so weight is of the table. E power , Tyson has no power probably no more than Ali himself and he’s not a puncher, but even if he has more than Ali, once again he’s been in with much harder punches than fury, several in fact so that's a gonner. F chin. Ali has one of the all time great chins at heavy. Not sure about fury, yeah he got up from wilder but his power is overrated I believe and wilder can’t box for toffee.G stamina and punch output , Ali s stamina obviously is far better and punch output far greater, fury only gets away with this poor quality because he’s fighting slow ponderous overweight heavies of today with similar outputs. H resume, Tyson has only fought a gun shy 41 year old has been. and a guy who can’t box for toffee. So please why would anyone think that fury would beat Ali in a prime for prime fight and why.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
    highlander likes this.
  15. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Its a disgrace to boxing to even mention a small cruiser from 50 years ago against the best of today.

Its like comparing some small middle weight from 50 years ago against Usyk of today...

People really dont get how stupid they sound...

David Haye would have smashed that clown to bits in the real world.