Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk Prediction

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxing_Fan101, May 10, 2024.

Who you got?

1. Fury

78 vote(s)
    45.6%
  2. Usyk

93 vote(s)
    54.4%
  1. Boxing_Fan101

Boxing_Fan101 Undisputed Available bookgoodies.com/a/1068623705 Full Member

Jan 5, 2024
    If everything goes according to plan in just over a week the boxing world will crown an Undisputed heavyweight champion for the first time in over twenty years when Lennox Lewis reined supreme. What an exciting time to be a boxing fan the great Turki and Saudi Arabia are investing heavily into the sport and us fans should cherish this period. We are witnessing all the big fights being made, great fight card after great fight card and a real buzz and interest in boxing.

So how does the Gypsy King vs. The Cat play out? Is Fury too big or can Usyk use his speed and movement to outbox Tyson? Either way we are in for a great clash and the fight will very much come down to Fury’s approach not necessarily Usyk’s. With Usyk his main style is to slip, move and counter, with his excellent footwork and southpaw stance you can always expect a technical masterful performance. However Fury can fight on the back foot and use his size, feints and awkwardness to confuse and outland his opponent similar to his performances against Wladimir Klitschko and Deontay Wilder 1 or he can just come forward and put it on throwing the hard overhand right and constantly pushing his foe back and tying them up like he did against Wilder in fights 2 and 3 and Whyte.

I expect a very cagey contest for the most part with Fury using his size and strength to control the pace and make Usyk fight his fight. Usyk is giving up six inches in height, seven inches in reach and about thirty to forty pounds in weight at times it might look like two fighters from different weight classes. Usyk’s advantages are speed especially his fast feet, technical skills, unbelievable ring IQ amassed from over 300 amateur fights, southpaw stance, stamina and chin. Fury on the other hand has size and strength clearly in his favour, power even though Tyson isn’t known as a hard hitter he does hit harder than Usyk, awkwardness, great chin and excellent ring IQ. A very difficult fight to predict a winner for and I wouldn’t be surprised with any outcome even a draw.

My predictions

So how do I see the fight going? All things considered I think Fury wins a technical masterpiece eights rounds to four but Usyk has his moments and lands some clean beautiful shots to show is greatness but as the old saying goes a good big one always beats a good little one.

Either way the last time I was this excited about a fight is when Lewis fought Tyson all the way back in 2002.

How to watch

In the UK the card will be on Sky Sports PPV, DAZN PPV and TNT Sports PPV

Globally DAZN will be broadcasting the fight

Card start time (not confirmed) 6pm BST (10am PT / 12pm CT / 1pm ET); main-event ring walks at 11pm BST (3pm PT / 5pm CT / 6pm ET).

Location – Kingdom Arena, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Check out the epic trailer

This content is protected

Find out more www.undisputed-boxing.co.uk

AdamT likes this.
  2. Can I box

Can I box Member Full Member

Jun 20, 2019
    Usyk unanimous decision

3. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    Fury by dirty tactics and robbery by saudis.

Usyks luck has to end here.

4. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    May the best Ukrainian win

5. I Dont Play With Dolls

I Dont Play With Dolls Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Usyk wins 8rounds to 4... but gets a draw.

Fury gets cut, tired and is on the floor at one point but it wont be ruled a KD

6. West of Hollywood

West of Hollywood Active Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2018
    Could be a Hagler-Leonard like fight and many will see what they want to see. Very hard for me to believe this fight won't go the distance. The fight will likely be close and controversial.

7. Howitzer1888

Howitzer1888 Active Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Honestly I do find this fight difficult to predict but I’m nearly certain the referee & judges will be quite generous here.

Kid Bacon likes this.
  8. miniq

miniq Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed HW Champion Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Tyson Fury is going to be the only name people can talk about next week

Discussions about whether he lines up alongside Muhammad Ali, Lennox Lewis, Jack Johnson, Joe Louis, Larry Holmes, Micheal Jackson the list goes on. An elite squad of bad men.

Turnip mk3 and Joy_Rones like this.
  9. AdamT

AdamT Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    I backed Fury from the beginning and im not going to back usyk now

I will say I'm less confident than when the fight was first touted, but I still think he will find a way.

The manner will upset a few I'm sure

I will also say, I don't want a robbery either way. I ha e picked Fury to win, but I would prefer usyk to kill him in 3 rounds, than for a robbery that will just send the sport more in the gutter

So long story short,

I pick Fury
    But most importantly,no robberies. If usyk deserves the win, I for sure hope he gets it

P.s

No f....g draw please

10. Boxing_Fan101

Boxing_Fan101 Undisputed Available bookgoodies.com/a/1068623705 Full Member

Jan 5, 2024
    That Michael Jackson had some serious moves in the ring

11. heerko koois

heerko koois Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
  12. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Fury. He has way many routes to victory. He could KO/TKO Usyk with power punches, accumulation, body punches.

If he manages to be close to his prime his physicality could be too much for Usyk.

AdamT likes this.
  13. MrPook

MrPook Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Fury W TKO6 by bodyshot.

AdamT likes this.
  14. Faz42

Faz42 Member Full Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Fury for me by points but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a mid round tko (789).

Something in the back of my head thinks the fight goes a bit like the whyte fight with fury dominating but it being scrappy. I also wouldn't be surprised to see uysk dropped with a body shot uppercut combo.

Someone nailed it this week that uysk isn't a back foot fighter he's a fighter that looks to put constant pressure on and his team wanted him to fight on the last date that was postponed because he had peaked ready for the fight. The worry is that he's overtrained.

Bellew said he likes having his front foot forward where you think he's in range but he's not....if he try that with fury he's in for a shock as he will be in range if fury is fast enough. You also find that uysk (who I am a big fan of) takes time to work out an opponent, in all honesty with fury and his likely switch style he will use in this fight (expect him to come out southpaw and switch to orthodox to shut the ring off) he could find himself 4 rounds down by the start of the 5th and really have to start pushing from there.

AdamT likes this.
  15. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    I agree.

pugilista and heerko koois like this.