Tyson Fury vs Prime Lennox Lewis

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BrainyBoxer, Dec 3, 2018.

who wins

Poll closed Feb 11, 2019.
  1. Lennox Lewis

41 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. Tyson Fury

17 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Southside Slugger Full Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Lewis all day long and twice on Sunday's. Any version of Lewis beats any version of Fury.

2. lordlosh

lordlosh Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 4, 2014
    This threads is such a joke. Fury has zero chance against Lewis. Fury has zero chance against most prime fighters.
    The main thing with Fury is he is fighting mostly bums, and has 2 big matches with old and washed Klitschko, and Klitschko obviously was off, unmotivated and have one of the worst maches in his career. He barely throw any punches, he looks slow and so on.
    And stop with that, because Fury is such a mover, blq, blq, blq. And the other one is with Wilder, who almost took his head off, which is exactly what Lewis, or both prime or near prime Klitschko would do against him as well.
    Fury is nothing special, and people will realize that, when he step on the ring with Anthony Joshua, who i expect to wipe to floor with him inside 3 rounds.

Heavy_Hitter likes this.
  3. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    That's because he has a great resume, while Fury's resume is awful. He only has a win over 40 year old lethargic Klitschko, and a draw with kicking Donkey.
    Fury also tested positive for steroids and coke and got beat up by a Swedish bartender.

4. Kingmaffe

Kingmaffe Active Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2017
    Lewis all day. Someone mentioned it would be reminiscent of Fury-Klitschko, which I strongly disagree with. Lewis could take it to the trenches, if need be.

iii and zulander like this.
  5. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Wlads style was based around the jab. If the jab didn't land very little of anything else did.
    Lewis had more weapons he could use the uppercut, the left hook and he was far more aggresive.

It would be hard work for Lewis no doubt, Furys movement is excellent but he's an inconsistent puncher a lot of throw away or arm punches. Lewis had an inside game he could take it there if he needed to.

Wlad was a boxer with a boxers style, Lewis was a fighter with a boxers style.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    Kingmaffe likes this.
  6. reckless

reckless Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    Lewis would be 4 inches shorter and Fury has skills. No way would this be an easy fight for Lewis.

7. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Lewis is taller then Wallin (if I'm not mistaken) and much more skilled and powerful.

The Clan likes this.
  8. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Yet nobody has knocked out Fury.

9. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Southside Slugger Full Member

Dec 30, 2005
    Ok let's clear this up. Fury is not 6ft 9. Yes he's a big bloke for sure but max 6ft 7.5 so the same height as Vitali.

Lewis is 6ft 4.5 (not 6ft 5) so there's 3 inches between them. More importantly, Fury's reach is listed as 85 inches and Lewis 84 inches so assuming these figures are correct (not 100% confirmed) there's only 1 inch reach advantage for Fury. Not a massive advantage is it.

But I agree, Lewis would get to Fury and TKO him mid rounds.

10. Crixus139

Crixus139 Member Full Member

Oct 28, 2017
    This fight is one i would love to see assuming best versions of themselves. Fury has serous game I agree as mentioned above.

I hold Lewis in the highest regard. So I favour Lewis. And I would be fascinated how he would go about business.

11. PH1882

PH1882 Member Full Member

Feb 14, 2019
    Lewis would smash Fury to bits. Fury's face would be a blooded mess at the end. Similar to Vitali's.

12. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Fury is a black belt in dodging 1-2`s which was Lewis`s game, but Fury doesn`t block so when the 3-4`s follow after he gets caught, Lewis rarely threw a four punch combo and would be outpointed for this reason.

13. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Lewis got hit far more by Vitali than Fury was by Wlad and Wildder combined.

14. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Fury would have easily beat all those guys except Vitali.

15. infini IV

infini IV Dillian Whyte. KTFO like I said he would Full Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Fury UD
    ,lennox bests wins are against aging fighters, i dont think hes fadt enough or skilled enough to beat Fury