Tyson Fury vs Prime Lennox Lewis

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BrainyBoxer, Dec 3, 2018.

who wins

Poll closed Feb 11, 2019.
  1. Lennox Lewis

41 vote(s)
    70.7%
  2. Tyson Fury

17 vote(s)
    29.3%
  1. Jennifer Love Hewitt

Jennifer Love Hewitt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Lewis is too versatile. Lewis could box on the outside an rough guys up on the inside. Lewis was excellent at using angles and changing his game plan mid-fight. Fury is great this too, but Lewis also brings loads of power to that game.
    I suspect that Lewis would walk Fury down and just start to maul him. Fury has no power on his punches to keep Lewis off.
    Lewis stops Fury.

MarkusFlorez99 and Boxing2019 like this.
  2. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Im stunned...For many here Fury would beat Lewis :ibutt

3. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    You'll have to wait about 10 years after Fury retires to get a reasonable thread here. Nobody gives active fighters much credit.

4. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Fury has never beaten anyone worth a damn in their prime. until he does these threads are pure fanboyism.

5. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    let alone a guy with one decent win, versus an ancient champ.

6. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Southside Slugger Full Member

Dec 30, 2005
    This isn't true. Lewis threw a lot of 3 and 4 punch combos. Look at the finish of Frans Botha for a good example. He didn't just throw 1-2's.

7. Kingmaffe

Kingmaffe Active Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2017
    Or his KO win against Golata, where he put out a machine-gun like barrage of punches.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  8. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    I have met Lewis when he was in training at the Spanorium Gym nr Compton Greenfield outside of Bristol UK in 1993, its ony about 54 miles away from Cardiff & he was in training for the Bruno fight over there. he alternated the training in London & the Spanorium farm. He also left some goodies back then like a water filled heavy bag & other apparatus we were all pleased with, I was with one of my sons who is 6'5" a smidge over & lewis then was the same height but much younger & slighter than Lewis. All I can say is he was a young guy with an older mans headon his shoulders, even though he was in training when he stopped he spent some time with some of the youngsters & was very down to earth & humble. What struck me was how strong he was & at the same time so nimble on his feet, I rate Fury but Fury, Wilder, Whyte etc would all get laid out put in with a peak Lewis.
    After the Bruno fight my estimation of Bruno went up as he gave a good account of himself against lewis that night.
    As I said he was the roughly the same height but the only thing is he did have a bit more hair on top so maybe thats why he is half inch shorter?

fists of fury likes this.
  9. Beouche

Beouche Juan Manuel Marquez Full Member

Oct 13, 2010
    This is a total mismatch. Any version of Lewis blasts out any version of Fury

Salty Dog likes this.
  10. Shempz

Shempz Active Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Lewis by comfortable points victory, or if he really puts his mind to it, KO within 6rds.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  11. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Is this a joke ? LOL

Im cruising through these past threads and im just seeing how overrated Fury is. It's FAR worse than any forum I've come across, even the Sherdog Forum and Reddit boxing and those places are a breeding ground for the disabled

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    bandeedo, Oddone and BubblesUK like this.
  12. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Can't fathom how some people are confident Fury would win. Who has Fury fought to prove he's at that level?

Ageing Wlad who's past his prime? Wilder? LOL.

BubblesUK likes this.
  13. BubblesUK

BubblesUK Doesn't buy hypejobs Full Member

May 6, 2021
    This.

Fury at his best does well on the eye test, but his resume is paper thin.

Wlad wasn't at his best in that fight but it's still a good win.
    Wilder has an incredibly poor resume for a former champion with so many defences - it's telling that his best win (Ortiz) also has a resume that's lacking in top quality opponents.

Fury might be able to give Lewis a decent bout, but it's pure speculation to put them in the same ballpark given the gulf in quality they've fought (and beaten).

You'd have to be nuts to bet on Fury to beat LL.

14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Who did Lewis beat ?
    Ageing worn-out Holyfield who was past his best ?

15. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Mercer, Golota, Vitali, Tua, and more.

Fury's beaten ageing worn out Klitschko who was past his best and 1 trick pony Wilder who has only beaten Luis Ortiz. You can add gatekeeper Chisora if you want but if thats the case i can add a past it Mike Tyson and Tommy Morrison as well, the same Morrison who is arguably better than Wilder and holds wins over Old Foreman and Ruddock, both of whom are better than Ortiz

It's not rocket science. Lewis's resume trashes Fury's and Lewis was far more versatile and agressive than prime Wlad let alone an ageing one

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    BubblesUK likes this.