Tyson Fury vs Vitali Klitschko

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by ZODIUS!!!, Dec 9, 2016.

1. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    The WORLD boxing Counsel is a WORLD ranking organization.. So their rating DO count as it pertains to THEIR title.. All this holds true despite your opinion of who ranks higher in your mind..

2. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    So Briggs is top 5 in the world so yeah??? WBA = WORLD boxing association

This content is protected

3. mr. magoo

Jan 3, 2007
    Irrelevant. I'm not arguing from the standpoint of who I THINK is one of the ten best heavy's in the world.. Only their ranking and the said champion's obligation to face them. And incidentally Tyson Fury fought King Pin too, so I don't see the issue.

4. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Short arms??? Vitali fights tall,and leans back anyway also has a great hook off the jab he disguises so it makes it easier to dictate where the fight is fought at angles he wants. fury in comparison has arm punches with less snap on them and cant overwhelm guys like Vitali can ..Fury has 85 inches of reach ,but it doesn't matter Vitali is more harder to hit. certainly no defensive fighter is going to have a easy time with him and that's what fury was.

"Fury is also quicker, smarter, stronger and more skilful then vitali who I rate as an ATG " Nope on all accounts.

how did I get the height of both wrong much there is a 2/3 inch difference that seperates them one is 6'7 the other is 6'9/ 6'10, depending the listing at times he was listed 6'10...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  5. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    This is actually true editing that vid one could see there was a strange disparity in time and some different vids show like it was a or looked to be hacked with time points missing. Dundee in some interviews has stated there was 5 minutes of chaos after the glove rip.

ZODIUS!!! likes this.
  6. GALVATRON

Oct 30, 2016
    In your case you seem to be wrong quite often? :crazylick:

ZODIUS!!! and Mendoza like this.
  7. Subak

Subak Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2016
    mcvey posted heaps of evidence backing him, he was very obviously correct and it's a bit mad that somehow Ali vs Cooper becomes an essential talking point in figuring out Fury vs Vitali

8. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Would you like to point out the instances? Still running away from threads?

9. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    when prime vitali fights at advanced prospect/ fringe contender level (which to be fair, consists almost his entire resume) such as Tyson fury he meets considerable success. I think he wins a tough contest.

10. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    I find it rather strange too,Galvatron has a vested interest since he was publicly exposed as a fraud and a moral coward when, after asking for sources that Ali shouted at Liston to get up on the "Anchor Punch "thread and having them supplied by me.The sources being Ali,Dundee ,and Pacheco ,he bailed out of the thread without responding to them. A discredited buffoon that cannot suffer to ever be wrong ,which of course all of us are from time to time.
    The Cooper fight had a minimum of extra time added on , I saw a programme focusing on the incident and there is no doubt the interruption had a negligible effect on the result,but people will believe what they they want to. As far as the thread goes Vitali is the better fighter, but I think Fury would give him some problems unless and until he ran into a big right hand!

Subak likes this.
  11. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006

12. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Dundee has stated that Ali shouted to Liston to get up because no one would believe it,do you now accept that as a fact?

13. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Outside of Dino and maybe HerolGee, who thinks Fury would win?

14. mr. magoo

Jan 3, 2007
    I wouldn't personally favor Fury. No.. But it might be interesting to see how Vitali fared against a man who matched and even exceeded his physical advantages.

15. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    And he was going to fight Valuev, but Valuev backed out. Vitali did fight a big 6'7 1/2" Timo Hoffman and won every round.

Lewis is pretty big and with a very long reach. But above all else Vitali engages his man far more than Wlad does. Fury would have no quarter.

When he stood next to Wlad, Fury didn't; look that much taller. I do not think he's 6'9" tall, more like 6'8" tall, with Vitali being 6'7 1/2 " tall.