Tyson Fury vs Zhilei Zhang in July

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, May 6, 2023.

1. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
  2. NullaLexInk

NullaLexInk Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2022
    It ain't undisputed unfortunately, but this wouldn't be a bad replacement at all. I was alright with the prospect of a Ruiz fight but I'd be absolutely stoked if this happens. I give Zhang more of a chance than Ruiz of pulling off an upset.

I'm not gonna pretend Zhang would have a chance of outpointing Fury, but the man's a big, sneaky puncher who tends not to waste his punches. Fury's been put down by Wilder four times, and Wilder was much more careless with what he threw. If Zhang managed to put Fury down, I won't say he'd definitely finish the job but I can guarantee he'd be measured in what he followed it up with. Look at how he threw after Joyce's eye damage was examined by the doctor. Also, we gotta keep in mind that a southpaw gave Fury some of the worst facial damage he's ever had as a professional, and considering what Zhang just did to Joyce's eye, it ain't out of the realm of possibility Zhang could cause another doctor stoppage. I'd expect Fury to win by decision, but this would be a very tense fight til the final bell.

Apparently the Chinese equivalent of Cinderella is Ye Xian. Hmm, Ye Xian Man... has a nice ring to it.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
    Sheikh, gollumsluvslave, mono and 4 others like this.
  3. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    Zhang has a high chance of pulling this off.

But I don't believe Fury will fight Zhang.

4. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Woah, Fury facing a top ranked opponent? Color me impressed!
    But once again, he is facing an opponent no one was asking for.

Dangerwood84 and box33 like this.
  5. MAD_PIGE0N

MAD_PIGE0N ... banned Full Member

Sep 3, 2022
    Some people find Zhang was robbed against Hrgovic. Some see it as he lost in a very close fight. Depending on how you consider that, it changes what kind of fighter Zhang is because I'm saying it countless times already: he knocked down Jerry the nobody Forrest three times and still had a draw. And Jerry is probably amongst his best opponents, yet is a crappy one himself. But we all saw what he did to Joyce who in any way is more or less overhyped. Saying all that, Ruiz has a far better resume and maybe is the better choice, but since styles make fights, Andy will probably be easier for Fury, especially if he comes into the fight overfed with Snickers again.

I still can't tell how good the Chinese is, but whether Fury goes with him or Ruiz, then face Usyk in December, I find them both decent choices.

mono and Mickc like this.
  6. Mickc

Mickc Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Zhang is no longer a secret he is out the bag so to speak,if the fight actually happens Fury will be fully prepared and box his head off and maybe even a late stoppage win due to damage taken . Zhang or Ruiz I’d be happy to see either fight Fury before what ever happens in December .

iceferg and MAD_PIGE0N like this.
  7. miniq

miniq Oleksandr Usyk Undisputed HW Champion Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    In the UK?

Zhang is dangerous more dangerous than Ruiz Jr

People can't deny that.

8. Bigcheese

Bigcheese Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2015
    Fury isn't right there to be countered like Joyce, most likely a wide UD for Tyson. While I'd prefer to see Zhang, a Ruiz fight might actually be more competitive.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
  9. rusev

rusev Active Member Full Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Fury ain't going near Zhang , he doesn't have the balls to fight him and risk his retirement check in december.

10. TheWizard

TheWizard I Got Milk Baby Full Member

Jan 20, 2021
    Great fight.

But we all know that a lot of y'all will call Zhang an old bum after Fury beats him.

mono likes this.
  11. deadACE

deadACE Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    If he didn't duck Usyk this fight would be acceptable but a cowardly duck against a possible atg in Usyk. To fight limited Zhang. What happened to the fighting man who takes on all comers?? Lol

Smokin Bert likes this.
  12. CroBox29

CroBox29 Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I hope this happens, Fury against a real fighter with balls, Zhang is the real deal and he can beat Fury...

13. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Good fight though I wouldn't fault Zhang for taking a few more fights before doing this. Would be better for both him and Fury.

that being said, good fight.

14. RJJFan

RJJFan Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Fury is better but.....加油张!!!

fredam and DaRealJT like this.
  15. Easyrhino

Easyrhino Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2020
    Let me guess; Fury demands a 95/5 split or there's no fight.