Tyson Fury vs Zhilei Zhang in July

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, May 6, 2023.

1. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Zhang doesn't have the engine to keep up with Fury. If the fight goes beyond 5, Tyson boxes circles around him. UD 9-3 Tyson Fury.

2. Manning

Manning Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Good fight if it happens.

3. DaRealJT

DaRealJT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
    Fantastic fight if true. Zhang is a serious opponent who will come to win, with full belief that he can and will win. Massive 6'6 280 lb juggernaut, iron-chinned and hits extremely hard.

I hope this fight happens, I will be there live without a doubt.

NullaLexInk likes this.
  4. NullaLexInk

NullaLexInk Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2022
    Oh yeah, if it makes it to the scorecards I expect Fury to have outpointed him and most likely by a very wide margin. But Zhang's tactic wouldn't be about outpointing in all likelihood. He'd come for a KO or to cause enough damage to get it stopped, and he's perfectly capable of either, especially on a man who's been down and cut badly before. And since this is Heavyweight boxing where one punch can change an entire fight, I truly believe Zhang wouldn't be outta this til the final bell.

Last edited: May 6, 2023
    Keleneki and Finkel like this.
  5. Nosferatu

Nosferatu Corbett's thong is my proudest fap banned Full Member

Apr 29, 2023
    You know what? I'll take it!

Rubber Glove Sandwich likes this.
  6. PistonHondai

PistonHondai Member Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    I'm putting my money on Zhang by decision. CCP has big pockets and can easily pay judges for Zhang decision win.

7. hobby rider

hobby rider Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2020
    He’s already 40

Finkel likes this.
  8. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Agreed. That's why I said if it goes beyond the 5th. But you are right. Zhang is dangerous in the 1st 5. I just think Fury will be able to keep up the movement and stay away the 1st half of the fight. Fury knows a loss at this stage ruins potential big money fights at the end of the year.

NullaLexInk likes this.
  9. NullaLexInk

NullaLexInk Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2022
    Fury's movement will definitely be the main hindrance to Zhang's plans, I agree. He's gonna have to be on top of it the whole time for this fight and not get sloppy like he's been prone to when he gets cocky. Otto Wallin, not known for his punching power or speed, was able to open up a nasty gash over Fury's right eye with a pretty lucky punch. Zhang is a bit of a plodder but the man's hands are fast, powerful and can come out of nowhere. Even if he can't hit Fury enough to get him down, he just might be able to hit him enough to get the attention of the doctor and the referee down the line. That's what makes me think Fury would have to be careful the whole time despite Zhang's notoriously bad gas tank. I will say though, much as I like Zhang and want him to pull off the upset, Fury will likely come into this extremely cautious for the reasons you stated and end up winning on the cards.

But hey, that's one of the best parts about boxing. When both men come to fight, you never know what can happen. Discussions like this are why I love this sport so much. Hopefully this will come to fruition. I was really bummed by the undisputed fight falling through, but Fury taking on Zhang was go a long way in alleviating my disappointment over that.

10. Marciano771

Marciano771 New Member banned Full Member

Apr 11, 2023
    Not happening . Fury would never take this fight

Dementia Pugulistica likes this.
  11. Special one

Special one Active Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    Get ready for the crazy ranting posts on IG telling Zhang it's 80/20 split, goes down 5k everyday and the deadline was yesterday! You dosser

Keleneki, Perkin Warbeck and fencik45 like this.
  12. MetalLicker

MetalLicker I’m Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    This can potentially be Fury's Wlad moment with Sanders.

If he's not careful, a sneaky left hand will put him down and out. He did get hit a lot by Wallin, who is a southpaw.

13. fencik45

fencik45 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2022
    It really can't, as no way it actually happens.

Dementia Pugulistica likes this.
  14. MetalLicker

MetalLicker I’m Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Zhang is old. It's now or never for him. This will be his cash out fight to live comfortably for the rest of his life.

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  15. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    Zhang is way too old to be putting off the most lucrative fight available to him and a title shot all at once. No way, he would jump at the opportunity.

Finkel, NullaLexInk and Rumsfeld like this.