Tyson Fury will stop Wilder late on by TKO in a brutal fight Wilder will be strong early on

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Fury Goat, Jan 30, 2020.

1. UFC2020

UFC2020 Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2019
    I would love to find out about the Crack the Wilder die hards are smoking, apart from the two knock downs in the first fight, Wilder was completely out classed in the first fight and easily lost 9 rounds out of 12. Even in round 9 when he knocked Fury Down, Fury won the rest of the round and in the last round where he got a more devastating knockdown, Fury held his own for the rest of the round and even ate a Wilder right hand and left hook.

Fury is the more skilled fighter who will now be much better and stronger in this rematch. If Wilder thinks he can wait patiently till Fury gives him an opening on a platter like Ortiz did to land his big punch he is smoking crack.

timeout likes this.
  2. DonnyMo

DonnyMo Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    All very true points. But I've just watched Wilder drop every damn round to a much smaller and older Ortiz.

3. divac

divac VIP Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    The fight will go exactly like the first time, Furry fighting ultra cautiously to the point where the rounds can be given to one fighter of the other based on the landing of just two or three punches.
    Fury will be excellent defensively but non-existent offensively which will leave the door wide open for Wilder to win either on points of late knockout.

Fury can win this fight if he even has some kind of focus of doing something offensively, but I just think he going to have to much respect for Wilder's power to do that.

4. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    I think he will step it up this time. Fury can be more active without taking on a whole lot more risk. As long as he mostly throws on the move, Wilder won't be able to set his feet. Wilder is very very lucky to still have his '0'. He has been comprehensively outboxed by Fury and Ortiz x2, and Fury is the one who has the ability to change the way he fights.

Wilder executes the one thing he does very well, but Fury knows what he's up against and probably realizes that he can reduce Wilder's workrate to almost nothing if he sticks and moves. He doesn't need to run, he just needs to use some lateral movement and exploit his reach advantage. If he's smart it will be a bad fight, but then he'll have a chance to collect a huge payday against Joshua.

don owens likes this.
  5. divac

divac VIP Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    That's a lot of "if's", staying active and the lateral movements you call for call for energy being spent, and against a fighter like Wilder who can change the tide of a fight with just one punch, tiring or getting lackadaisical is something extremely dangerous for Fury.

Inactivity and just not being physically and mentally in the game year round is something that imo is going to cost Fury.
    Fury just gets way ouf of shape in-between fight, and that's just not good if you want to stay sharp.
    Case in point is his last fight.

I'm going with the fighter that's been active and has no mental issues.

Lesion of Doom likes this.
  6. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I don't see this turning into a "brutal fight". Both guys are known to throw very few punches. Either's its over quickly with 1-2 punches from Wilder or it's a 12 round snooze fest with 5-6 tepid punches per round.

7. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    If Fury chooses to land under 10 punches per round again, he will lose again.

8. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    With this bout we'll finally know if Wilder has fought bums in his career or not. Its the truth test for him. Fury changed trainer and seems he has improved his power too. If he presses Wilder in the right way as he want to do a his win for KO within the 5th wouldnt be surprising imo.

9. Lesion of Doom

Lesion of Doom Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2015
    That's fair. I don't trust Fury, either, though I will say that he generally fights to the level of competition. At least to this point, he has not pulled an Andy Ruiz and shown up woefully unprepared in a big fight. The one time it was going to happen, he pulled out.

Wilder isn't hard to outbox. Ortiz didn't have any trouble with it and didn't tire, he just got caught. I agree that Wilder is dangerous for anyone and I'm a fan of his, but if you get wildly outboxed every single fight then it's going to catch up with you. But he's the fighter that he is, the only one that he'll ever be, and he's a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

10. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Plausible, imo.

11. Malph

Malph Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    But that's Wilder's MO. He's not going to outpoint Fury. He wasn't even outpointing Spilka.

Everyone looks good against Wilder. Until they don't.

Vanishing likes this.
  12. wucking fasted

wucking fasted Anthony Joshua - the Bob Sapp of boxing Full Member

Aug 20, 2010
    “Tyson Fury will stop Wilder late on by TKO in a brutal fight Wilder will be strong early on”

...Switch the names around and I think you have it right!

13. wucking fasted

wucking fasted Anthony Joshua - the Bob Sapp of boxing Full Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Is that the host from Top Gear?

14. SmackDaBum

SmackDaBum TKO7 banned Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Fury will stop Wilder and Wilder will be weak early on...

RacingBeat likes this.
  15. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    A "brutal fight".. well if it is then Wilder wins because when is the last time Fury dished out brutality?

Seriously? Please inform me, I honestly can't remember Fury dishing out that level of savagery.

Fury messes around, fiddles his way through fights, Fury isn't in brutal fights.