Tyson Fury without Peter

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Windrunner07, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    I heard through multiple sources that dave allen beat tyson fury from pillar to post in sparring today.

2. Papillon

Papillon Active Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2017
    "Sources" LMFAO

3. Papillon

Papillon Active Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2017

LOL

How hard does Don Charles think he is?

Fury handled them both well especially Britain's hardest man...Don Charles.

4. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    We always hear sparring stories all the time and for years...............

5. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Indeed, the White Rhino just put the HW division on NOTICE *fire emoji*

Scissors likes this.
  6. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    As far as I'm aware the split from Peter was down to T.Fury wanting a change to refresh and P.Fury wanting to concentrate on his son Hughie's career. Definitely said the door is open to a reunion.

Curious as to why/if Tyson has dumped Mick? Probably Frank wanting to cut out the middle man.

7. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    Why do people think Fury was that good. The only decent fighter he has beat was an under par Klitchko and for some reason his reputation has rocketed whilst not fighting. I think the long layoff is not going to help and not having peter in the corner is just another negative. Personally I think he will struggle to get back to where he was which was still average at best!

Scissors likes this.
  8. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Why do you think Klitschko was under-par that night, what was stopping him winning the rounds and putting the ‘average’ Fury on his backside?

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  9. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Agreed he became a myth on the back of that klitschko fight.

Personally i think it was a combination of klitschko slipping (he was showing decline vs Jennings and i feel against AJ he mustered his one last epic night) and klitschko being so unaccustomed to losing rounds and having to take risks that he just didn't.

In round 12 he started taking risks and got the better of things and he would have stopped fury in the rematch imo.

Fury is decent, he can box at range or up close, has a decent jab and footwork, but he has below average power at world level, a shaky chin and is prone to bouts of clumsiness.

In the current sub par division he's no guarentee against any of the top 5

Scissors likes this.
  10. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Fury described as ‘average’ and ‘decent’ in the last two posts...hahaha.

11. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
  12. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Fury was spot on, Don Charles took some shots from Haye and suddenly thinks he can hang with elite Heavyweight boxers. Haye broke his jaw with a jab.

I actually like Don Charles a little but he made himself look dumb at this presser.

Best part was from 29:20, I was in hysterics, Tyson is so funny.

Papillon likes this.
  13. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    Fury’s style of boxing is not for everyone, however, even knowledgeable boxing fans who don’t enjoy watching him, can still analyse and appreciate how his awkward style & boxing skills would be a huge headache for any fighter he faced.

Klitschko was one of the hardest punching, boxing tacticians we’ve ever seen. A very intelligent man, diligent in his approach. This man didn’t have an off-day in over 10 years. You could see, even with 18 months out the ring at 41 what a dangerous fighter he was.

If a fighter spots a split-second window in which they believe they can land a shot, they will do it. If they don’t respect the power of their opponent then they won’t even worry about split-second opportunities. They’ll be willing to take one to land a bigger one. Klitschko respected Fury’s power cos he’s not sat behind a keyboard, he felt it for real from Fury’s jab. Fury’s footwork & feints meant that Klitschko had barely any opportunities in which he felt he could land a decent shot without taking one. Even when he worked his way into range, Fury tied him up, and having a 6”9, 18 stone bloke leaning on you will be exhausting.

I’m not making him out to be a ATG, he’s nowhere near, nor am i saying he’s the current best heavyweight on the planet cos he’s not, and he has to start from scratch. He has got brilliant boxing skills though, and plenty of power. Let’s see if he can get back to what he was, physically and mentally.

14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    It's amusing how some people have convinced themselves Klitschko was sub-par for Fury BUT rejuvenated for the AJ fight.
    I'm sure Wlad has convinced himself if that too.

Fury just outboxed him, easily, without really doing much at all. Just used his feet and threw and landed some punches now and then.
    If the same Fury had turned up for the rematch, same result, perhaps even stoppage.
    No version of Wlad this side of 2010 would have any luck against that version of Fury.

And believe me, that doesn't make Fury "great" at all. Maybe he is overrated by some, mythologised by cultists or something. But his win over Wlad was clear cut. People talk about Wlad finding his mark in the 12th but the only boxer in any real trouble during the whole fight was Wlad, a few rounds earlier, knees sagging and turning his back and possibly saved by the referee's strange intervention to warn Fury.

No, Fury might not be great at all, but he eased past old Wladimir.
    And the fact that AJ didn't do so is down to styles. And to be fair to AJ he was very inexperienced then and is improving.

Wlad was highly motivated to beat Fury who he believed was being overly disrespectful and was clearly confident. Wladimir Klitschko was a true professional. If things weren't 100% right physically and mentally he wouldn't have fought.

Twentyman likes this.
  15. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    I think Klitchko was below par against Fury because I think Fury got into his head with all the crazy stunts he was doing in the run up to his fight. Yes Fury is awkward but if they would have had a rematch then I reckon Klitchko would have beaten him. Fury is all hype and unfortunately we will now never know because when he loses then people will just blame the drugs and the long absence away from the ring.