Tyson Fury

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by chitownfightfan, Dec 28, 2013.

1. chitownfightfan

chitownfightfan VIP Member Full Member

May 31, 2010
    This guy can't catch a break. While negotiating with Haye, he has to pass on a Pulev fight, which was always gonna be a tough fight for him to win anyway, especially in front of a pro Pulev crowd on a Suaerland card....

He finally gets the Haye deal done, and it's twice cancelled. 6 or more months on the shelf, and now he can't get anyone but Tony Thompson to commit to a fight with him.

Should Fury get a pass for taking a couple tuneups early in 2014 before fighting the likes of Thompson, Chisora, or Wilder?

I think he's been moved fairly well thus far and has a couple very good wins. I do think he'd be smart to fight Thompson, $$$$ might not be great, but it'd be a boost to his already solid resume, a good stay busy type, and it'd be no worse than Wlad vs Leapei.

I think Fury should look for a quick tuneup, short $$$ fights vs the like of Harrison, Sprott, MacNugget 3, or a euro level journeyman like Bydenko, Bahtov, or even as low as Mazikin.

He should line em up and knock em down, 3 in 3 months, before signing for a big fight in mid summer. Get back to form and pad his record vs solidish type journeyman. His inactivity could bite him in the @ss if he steps straight in with Wilder or even Chisora.

Just my 2 cents.:think

2. fists of fury

fists of fury Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 25, 2006
    I see Thompson has been tweeting about fighting Fury, and I think it would be a good fight for Fury to take.

3. chitownfightfan

May 31, 2010
    It would be a good fight, and an easy one for Fury to shine in, but having been on the shelf for several months, probably not a smart return fight, especially given Thompson's ability to go hard for the first few rds, and he would no doubt be looking for an early KO.:think

4. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Not sure about that, let's not forget he had a long training camp until the Haye fight was called off at the last minute.

5. chitownfightfan

May 31, 2010
    Not saying he isnt fit, but we all know sparring and the opening bell are two different animals.

Takes a few minutes to warm up in there, and a guy like Wilder, Thompson or Chisora would be trouble early.:think

6. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I know what you mean but it's not as if he's been sat on couch.. he's been away in Belgium in a long training camp.. going over drills, working on new things, keeping in shape, getting good sparring etc.

I think he beats all 3 names you mentioned.

7. brown-bomber

brown-bomber Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Does no one think fighting Tony Thompson will be a bad idea seeing Thompson can punch and is considerably taller than the likes of Cunningham and that Pole he fought?
    Fury is entertaining, but he is limited and will come short before making it to the top.

8. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Fury should get in a ring quickly in 2014 and stop running his mouth.

9. MaliBua

MaliBua Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Fury is limited? He is versatile fighter if anything compared alot of these other stiffs there imo.

10. Tom800

Tom800 Guest

Fury is very limited. Thompson would knock him out.

11. iceman71

iceman71 WBC SILVER Champion Full Member

Jul 28, 2008
    thompson is a tune up , hes 42 years old and has lost 2 of his last 4 fights

12. MaliBua

MaliBua Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 20, 2010
    What do you mean with limited?

13. iceman71

iceman71 WBC SILVER Champion Full Member

Jul 28, 2008
    ummmm ok

14. A|C|S

A|C|S The original |A|C|S| Full Member

Oct 17, 2013
    Shoulda known not to do business with Haye hes a conman

Fury vs Thompson makes sense or Fury vs Perez or the winner of Glazkov/Adamek

15. JohnH

JohnH Guest

If Fury is limited what is Windmill Wilder??