Tyson Fury's erratic career and rematches

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Glass City Cobra, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Ty is That Guy

Ty is That Guy Member Full Member

Jul 6, 2021
    Good stuff. Now show the video of him jumping up and down celebrating a soccer game

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  2. Ty is That Guy

Jul 6, 2021
    Yet other sources say that he does. Which is my point. Somebody is lying here. And if enough people are lying about it, it be omes impossible to get the truth. Which is exactly what they want. Confused fans who will believe them. When the truth is, bad ticket sales, Fury being fat and beat up in sparring cost us this fight.

hobby rider likes this.
  3. Glass City Cobra

Glass City Cobra H2H Burger King Full Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Perhaps you didn't keep up with the timeline.

In regards to Wilder "slandering" him, first of all who cares? They're getting paid to fight. Make the guy shut up in the ring. Second of all, wilder kept his mouth shut for literally months and didn't start making accusations until AFTER Fury claimed the contract expired and told Wilder to f*** off so he could fight Joshua for a huge payday which was both disrespectful and legally questionable which is why Wilder took him to court in the first place. Fury really has no room to complain about what Wilder said about him.

Fury has a very long recorded history of pull outs, delays, and excuses. I was not saying he's the worst when it comes to that, but damn it looks like he's well on his way to earning that title. He has more pull outs than title defenses.

Really don't believe the mental health garbage for the Wladmir rematch pullout. You lie about one thing, I will assume you lied about other things. We know he lied about the injury and it seems him and Arum lied about the vaccination.

kostya by ko likes this.
  4. Ty is That Guy

Jul 6, 2021
    Yep. Yet he has conned the public into believing he is not only the best right now, but an unbeatable all time great. Based off a Wilder win and victories over Pianeta, Schwarz, Sefari and Wallin. That's like convincing people that 1+1+1+1+5 = 40

Robney and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  5. Glass City Cobra

Jan 6, 2017
    Then why the hell didn't they say fury had covid from the beginning? They kept it vague and said "someone in Fury's camp" then suddenly clarified it was Fury himself.

Fury has uploaded videos of himself traveling and partying and drinking for months in large crowds of people. Does that sound like someone whose trying to maintain covid guidelines to avoid a deadly disease knowing they have a huge fight coming up?

Plus Arum claimed fury took the vaccine...how the hell did he get sick?

There is no excuse really. When Rocky Marciano had a match coming up he isolated himself and trained like a monk. He wouldn't see his wife, he was strict about his diet and didn't allow sudden changes, he wouldn't even shake hands with reporters. Fury does not take the sport seriously enough.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  6. Glass City Cobra

Jan 6, 2017
    Maybe he's trying to beat Jesse Willard's record for taking nearly half a decade to defend his belt.

rusev likes this.
  7. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Fury didn't take the second dose. Thats why he got sick or "allegedly" got sick.

8. Glass City Cobra

Jan 6, 2017
    I'm both questioning if he even took the first dose to begin with, and I'm questioning why the hell he was partying and drinking with large groups of people during a pandemic. Even if he did take the vaccine, he should have been staying clean and staying in shape. And he's a grown ass 30 year old, he should have taken the 2nd dose. His career requires being around literally thousands of random people he doesn't know.

9. NEETzschean

NEETzschean Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 23, 2021
    If it can be confirmed that 10 or so members of Fury's camp got Covid then the conspiracies are baseless but let's assume that Fury is trying to surreptitiously get out of the fight.

I don't care. Imo Wilder is still the most dangerous fight out there for Fury so I'd rather see Fury take a couple of lower risk activity fights to prepare for AJ/Usyk. Ruiz and Hunter would be good opponents in this regard. Fury outboxed Wilder while 2.5 years inactive, a recovering drug addict, suicidally depressed and dropping 10 stone in as many months, then destroyed him when fit, healthy and active, both times in Wilder's back yard. Historically-speaking, Wilder isn't entitled to a 3rd fight. And while I will never tire of watching Fury destroy Wilder with all of the delicious fallout that entails, I also enjoy the idea of Fury never giving him the payday, a chance to avenge his crushing defeat or win the title back, instead moving on to fight less dangerous opponents like AJ or Usyk, who Fury will get far more credit for beating.

10. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Absolutely , TBH Pimp, I never considered that he might be having an episode , if he is then no one wants to see that...horrible memories of Lewis looking perplexed when McCall suffered that breakdown.

mark ant and Pimp C like this.
  11. Glass City Cobra

Jan 6, 2017
    The judge ordered he can't fight anyone except Wilder in his next match.

12. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Wlad hardly landed a punch on Fury.

13. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    He`s just not that talented.

14. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Welcome back, mark.

mark ant likes this.
  15. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    I don't agree that A.J might be less dangerous for Fury than Wilder.
    A.J, sorry, does have 2 hands capable to drop a guy and until he start to gas out, he is more dangerous than Wilder exactly cos this.
    Also the bodybuilder looks that is more disciplined until he gets hit properly. Until this he does have 2 hands capable to get guy down at least for a count and he will be disciplined until will get hit properly.
    A.J is heavier and considerably more athletic than Wilder, so for Fury will be more difficult to push, outmuscle him around the ring.
    Usyk is more mobile than A.J and there maybe Fury should conserve his gas tank in order not to start gas out vs Usyk.
    Dunno that Usyk might finish these but Chisora started to gas out after 4 rounds vs Usyk while vs Parker after 9 rounds. This too is measure that Usyk might be not so easy opponent than ppl think.
    I'm not sure who might win for example Parker vs Usyk fight.

iii likes this.