Tyson Fury's erratic career and rematches

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Glass City Cobra, Jul 8, 2021.

1. Cally

Cally Sand...sand... nothing but sand! Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    People do realise being vaccinated doesn't mean you can't catch covid, right?

Clearly not.. Lol

MarkusFlorez99 and Mickea4 like this.
  2. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Great post, to me the most telling is that AJ is no chicken legged lightweight. The guy has serious body strength equal or more to Fury, so pushing & leaning will not have the same stamina sapping effect, having said that those "AJ Gym" muscles will do that to him if he's to heavy. Plus by a margin you have to say although a bit wooden & upright AJ's boxing skills are far above the misguided Walter Mitty known as Wilder...

3. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Fury is always playing games. I’m not the hugest fan because he clearly avoided Wlad in rematch. Wasting a truly great fighter’s last couple of years. This is a little different. I thought he dominated Wilder in first fight and then ko’s him brutally in second. To fight a 3rd time is difficult to get motivated and that can be dangerous fighting a puncher. Even though Wilder doesn’t deserve the fight it is in the contract. I hope everyone moves on honestly.

4. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    You have to think though Long count that at the time Fury was going through mental illness & had not grasped what was happening at that time. I'm not suggesting you ,but some on here poo poo this fact as an excuse but mental health is a harsh reality , as many in this pandemic are , Unfortunately discovering, nothing hits harder than depression whoever you are...

5. JackSilver

JackSilver Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 24, 2017
    Cant blame them entirely. It’s what the governments have subtlety want people to believe

6. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Mental health is a real issue and a very serious one at that.

iii likes this.
  7. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Yes he is.

He's erratic in his behavior, he always has a ready excuse when he pulls out of fights. But there's no excuse for him not getting the second vaccine, if he had it would have made it extremely unlikely that he'd catch Covid.

I wonder whether he's faking it, and just playing head games with Wilder, who is in his best shape and well-prepared to fight.

Fury is probably not in his best condition and wants to give himself more time to prepare. Or perhaps he's planning to completely avoid the rematch with Wilder, the same way he did with Wlad.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
    kostya by ko and Pimp C like this.
  8. Penne Pollo

Penne Pollo Is Sniffing Your Kid's Hair Full Member

Jan 30, 2016